• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think all of the wool from SNS is made from non-recycled.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yes so fresh and so clean. Correct me if I'm wrong it just means their wool doesn't go through heavy processing I'm guessing.

I don't think I've seen cashmere. Apparently they made some cotton pieces, But I have not seen before

Simion505

Reaction score
It's to do with the fibre lengths of the wool. Recycled wool is made by tearing apart other garments and re-spinning them, so the fibres become significantly shorter and you lose a lot of the wooly properties. Most if not all high street stuff offering wool will be using recycled.

Nearly all of SNS Herning's stuff say virgin wool/ pure new wool on the label, but some say merino instead - I don't know if that means they sometimes use recycled wool in the lighter summer pieces, or if they just consider the soft merino characteristics to be more significant.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tried this piece on yesterday at NittyGritty in Stockholm.
The purple melange mix really looks amazing in person. Even has a bit of green (I think) in it. The knit is very thick and warm with great construction, as expected.
I own the Stark in M and on of those really slim knits in L from SNS (which is now too small for me) and I tried on a size L in this piece. I'm 6'3", 175 lbs with a 41 chest and 18.5 shoulders and usually wear a large. The fit is TTS with a dropped shoulder, as seen in the pic. Looked great with just enough space in the body and regular length. I like the look of a dropped shoulder and don't mind my knits to be a bit oversized. If that's not your thing, I would advise you to try this on before purchasing. If I would size it to fit right in the shoulders, it would def be too tight in the chest.

Last edited:

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how was the sleeve length (did dropped shoulder make the sleeves way too long?)

was body length about the average for SNS knits (i.e. really freaking long in comparison)?

Last edited:

Simion505

Reaction score
Conceptionist was the knit you bought in large from TBS one of the port sweaters? Does it no longer fit because you washed it?

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sleeve length was not out of the ordinary from what I remember. I didn't notice it anyway and as the sleeves are slim and the wool is very thick, they would stack good. Body length was also regular. Overall, the fit was more "balanced" in width and length than many other knits from SNS (if you don't account for the dropped sholders). Pic is very accurate in terms of fit if you buy your regular size.

The tighter sweater mighft have been the Port. It has a bubbly knit texture with a stripe going across the chest and arms (same color). Well yeah, ironically this one time I did cold wash it and it came out a bit tighter. I've grown 2" in my chest since I bought it though and it is pretty damn slim for a size L. Think it measures 20" p-p while it is 27" or so long.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
awesome, thanks :fistbump:

that purple melange is so sick but triple blue is still calling my name

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They had one sweater in the triple blue as well. Color looked amazing. Don't know which piece since I didn't try it on.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Couldn't decide between the Codex and Modulo cardigan so got both. The Modulo fits a lot slimmer than the Codex, but both are great quality. Anyone have experience with the Ideal Hoodie? Perhaps a fit pic?

I got one by accident that I returned right away (Boylston accidentally sent me a navy ideal hoodie instead of the navy ideal pullover) but I tried it on and its relatively lightweight and fits pretty slim and shorter than I some of the other SNS pieces... the mr porter pics are pretty accurate fit-wise- http://www.mrporter.com/product/185524 Also, it does not have pockets.

Last edited:

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Funny I just got my package picked up over the weekend from mail box and they sent me the wrong color for the ideal crew neck. Sent me navy blue instead of grey. Will email them to see what they will so. I got the ideal hoodie. I'm a small in other SNS and small fits fine. Yes the Modulo is pretty slim, wearing it now with a tshirt. Hoping some wears will make it a little more relaxed that I can fit a shirt underneath it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads