SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

So I had amazing service when I said "send me an invoice", and it somehow got from Denmark to NYC with in 24 hours (!!??!?!?), the sweater (fold cardigan, blue, with metal buttons as shown in multiple posted pics) is completely gorgeous. I'm 5'11" 160 and the shoulders seem to fit better than some of the other pictures, body is kind of snug but definitely not tight tight, kind of perfect, and the length is looooong, hits near the bottom of the back pockets on my jeans. SO, fits amazingly, quality is way above any other sweater I've ever seen, and when I wear it I feel like I'm wrapped in a duvet. Now here's for the bad news and sketchiness. I received it the next day after paying 25euro flat rate shipping, the UPS man was instructed NOT to drop it with out a check from me for another $66 made out to Skyt Strikvarer ( I think the current owner at SNS ). Now they've been great with service up until now and it's been almost 3 days after I asked them not to cash my check given the fact that they said there would be flat rate shipping and that it was already really pushing my budget given the 295euro price. And suddenly no response, check hasn't been cashed yet, but no response email either... [​IMG]
    Am I misunderstanding something here? SNS Herning wants you to pay another $66 for the sweater after you already paid the retail price on it?

2. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
    So I had amazing service when I said "send me an invoice", and it somehow got from Denmark to NYC with in 24 hours (!!??!?!?), the sweater (fold cardigan, blue, with metal buttons as shown in multiple posted pics) is completely gorgeous. I'm 5'11" 160 and the shoulders seem to fit better than some of the other pictures, body is kind of snug but definitely not tight tight, kind of perfect, and the length is looooong, hits near the bottom of the back pockets on my jeans. SO, fits amazingly, quality is way above any other sweater I've ever seen, and when I wear it I feel like I'm wrapped in a duvet.

Now here's for the bad news and sketchiness. I received it the next day after paying 25euro flat rate shipping, the UPS man was instructed NOT to drop it with out a check from me for another $66 made out to Skyt Strikvarer ( I think the current owner at SNS ). Now they've been great with service up until now and it's been almost 3 days after I asked them not to cash my check given the fact that they said there would be flat rate shipping and that it was already really pushing my budget given the 295euro price. And suddenly no response, check hasn't been cashed yet, but no response email either... [​IMG]

First of all - are you sure that you weren't just paying customs? When you buy from across the pond, that happens.

Second of all - Skyt strikvarer (Søren Nielsen Skyt was the founder, right) is the name of the company. They used to have more than one brand. They had one called "Skyt" for instance, which mainly made knitwear for women. But I think Skyt has been put to rest now, and everything has been collected under the SNS Herning name.
    Skyt strikvarer (SNS) even made private label stuff for some workwear companies making rib cuffs and so on for jackets and they did some for the Danish army and the Danish prison personal.

3. ccolbert

ccolbert Active Member

Wasn't customs, but I did just get an email from SNS saying that there must have been a mistake in shipping and the check would not be cashed

4. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

FYI, just got these Stark measurements from SNS themselves.

XS
    Body length
    Shoulder to shoulder
    Sleeve length
    Chest width

S
    Body length
    Shoulder to shoulder
    Sleeve length
    Chest width

5. sea bass

sea bass Member

i'm thinking about picking up the fisherman's rollneck, and tres bien provided me with these measurements:

size L
    Chest (pit to pit): 53 cm
    Shoulder: 15 cm
    Length back: 69 cm

size XL
    Chest (pit to pit): 57 cm
    Shoulder: 15,5 cm
    Length back: 71 cm

hopefully that helps someone else!

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ how exactly do they measure that shoulder number? [​IMG]

7. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

lol great question

8. sea bass

sea bass Member

hahaha, i was wondering the same thing ... makes no sense

9. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Assumption: from the side of the collar to the shoulder seam.

10. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

Hi guys,

I was thinking about ordering the Stark cardigan from either CHCMshop or Tres Bien Shop, since they are the only two places that sell the Tag Brown color I want. If you know any other let me know. I wanted to order from Tres Bien since they are cheaper and was wondering what your experience has been regarding duties/taxes when ordering from the US.

Thanks,

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

Order from tres bien.

12. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

Does anyone here own the 'Marked' cardigan in size M and could provide me with measurements ?

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I have a S.

14. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

I have a S.

I guess those measurements would be helpful as well. [​IMG]

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

K I'll get them when I get home. Gotta finish putting together this new consolidated sale thread.