Sneakers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scnupe7, Oct 13, 2004.

1. truthhurts

truthhurts Senior member

Jeans = boots.
    Sneakers = Athletic wear.

Jeans + sneakers = populous.

2. acole

acole Senior member

My sneaker recommendation?

"Don't."

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Harsh words. I understand the hostility towards the American Jackass crowd and their taste for weak retro kicks, but my tshirts, hoodies, and track jackets (all pedestrian, I know - I hear the eyes rolling) aren't generally complemented by leather boots/laceups/loafers/etc... I need some sneakers, and my chucks need a rest. Those converse I posted above remind me of my super-emo Saucony Jazz(es). "Me and Liam, we gonna f*** you up." -The Jesus

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

You sir must obviously not exercise or hit the gym, ever. If I am incorrect and you do indeed exercise and / or attend the gym, I beg you to post a picture of yourself on the treadmill wearing EG's; that would be an interesting sight indeed.

Jon.

5. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

BTW, what color socks SHOULD I wear with my khakis? [​IMG]

6. Kai

Kai Senior member

(Kai @ 30 Nov. 2004, 11:45)
    I need a new pair of sneakers. Â Something that I can wear with jeans. Â I have been thinking about the Puma Speecats. Â What do you guys think?
    I like speedcats. Â I saw some really nice brown on brown speedcats at Nordstrom last week. I am also quite partial to Oakley 1320 sneakers. Â They are very comfortable, good to drive in and also good for walking. I have a pair in blue, and am considering some in black as well. [​IMG] http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/...leyShoes03.asp
    These look kinda cool--is the sizing fairly accurate? How's the arch support?
    Arch support is ok. Sizing is about average, but they fit a bit narrow. Adjusting the lacing allows you to alter the feel of the width pretty well, however. Probably my favorite pair of sneakers for driving and just kicking around.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Gimme a break.

A guy without a single pair of sneakers in his wardrobe to be worn with jeans, if just for kicking around on the weekends = uptight twat.

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Jeans = boots. Sneakers = Athletic wear. Jeans + sneakers = populous.
    Gimme a break. A guy without a single pair of sneakers in his wardrobe to be worn with jeans, if just for kicking around on the weekends = uptight twat.
    Uptight twat, I could not have said it better. Jon.

9. AJL

AJL Senior member

Jeans = boots. Sneakers = Athletic wear. Jeans + sneakers = populous.
    Gimme a break. Â A guy without a single pair of sneakers in his wardrobe to be worn with jeans, if just for kicking around on the weekends = uptight twat.
    LA G--I like your style [​IMG]

10. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

i like my Puma Anjans.

-Jeff

11. dFFm

dFFm New Member

hi guys..... take the new puma uke in white. if you want puma uke link or if you´ll need gentlemen´s sneaker´s choose the ones of GUCCI link

12. acole

acole Senior member

That would be interesting, wouldn't it? [​IMG] Â I don't frequent gyms. Â For dry days there's a great running trail in the hills; for nasty days there's a Nordic Track in my closet. Â For those activities I wear exactly what you'd expect: running shoes (Saucony Jazz, currently) and exercise shorts or sweats. Â Since scnupe7 was asking which sneakers to wear with jeans, I didn't think this was especially relevant.
    You know, I wear flip-flops in the shower, but I don't post here asking for style critiques, because no-one sees them. Â I do wear old running shoes with jeans to kick around at home w/ my wife, or clean the kitchen, do laundry, work on the cars, etc. Â But if I'm hiking or knocking about out in the country, it's Vasque leather boots; and when I go out around town wearing jeans, I go with monks, chukkas, or some Bass suede lace-ups. Â "Fashionable sneakers" is an oxymoron to me, because I would never wear sneakers in any situation where I'm concerned about being fashionable. Â It's OK by me if the rest of the world merrily disagrees with me on this; I'll manage to survive the humiliation somehow. [​IMG]

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Completely disagree with you in everything else, but I do agree that the Vasque Sundowner is by far the best non-technical hiking boot there is. If you need real mountaineering gear, that's something else altogether.

14. ken

ken Banned by Request

Isn't the Jazz model Saucony's casual shoe? and therefore a sneaker?

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

No offense to anyone who owns/likes these, but DAMN those Gucci's are repulsive looking. (barf) Who approves designs like this?.?.?.? Seriously.