• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sneakers With Tailoring: Yes, No, Maybe?

Sneakers With Tailoring: Yes, No, Maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thattaboy.

wolf-cartoon-wolf.gif

Then I walk down the street and slip on a series of banana peels until a piano falls on me and I turn into a human accordion going HEE HAW HEE HAW.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are people here goldfish? Is it odd to remember a post from six months ago? How do you guys have careers that involve your brain? I remember posts here from ten years ago.

I’ve been on a lot of different forums over the years and you’re the only poster I’ve ever seen on any of them who consistently dredges up old posts from other members during your discussions. I don’t think it’s super odd to remember old posts but it’s not the norm to constantly go back to them.

I also think you probably take your posting here a lot more seriously than other people.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
Wow, this has taken some crazy turns. Not sure even where I would jump in to push buttons. Even has @FlyingMonkey bragging about how many people he has on ignore and @dieworkwear advocating for men dressing like women to show that they are not new to wearing clothes.

#popcorn

物の哀れ

Reaction score
To be clear, wolf-whistling is greatly preferable to male fragility.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’ve been on a lot of different forums over the years and you’re the only poster I’ve ever seen on any of them who consistently dredges up old posts from other members during your discussions. I don’t think it’s super odd to remember old posts but it’s not the norm to constantly go back to them.

You must have arrived after Vox, who consistently posted photos of people's fit pics without pants and standing on toilets.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1. Butch. 2. Butch. 3. Not butch (again: cuteness and the fact that she has that sort of adolescent boy look that lets her pull of androgeny that much more easily). 4. Here's a tough one, as the look has that element of the feminine, even if veers towards the butch side. I think it is helped by her cold, sexless features. In this case, again, it is approximation of adolescent male. 5. Just kind of frump here, though the wool cap is trying to be cute. 6. She looks like she's wearing a bath robe. 9. Offset by her cuteness, even if body wise she is kind of, again, adolescent manny. 10. Natalie Portman really looks like a ******* frump here. 11. Approximation of adolescence + cute colours. 12. Adolescence + the feminine touch of jewelry and the hat. 12. Adolescent look again.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1. Butch. 2. Butch. 3. Not butch (again: cuteness and the fact that she has that sort of adolescent boy look that lets her pull of androgeny that much more easily). 4. Here's a tough one, as the look has that element of the feminine, even if veers towards the butch side. I think it is helped by her cold, sexless features. In this case, again, it is approximation of adolescent male. 5. Just kind of frump here, though the wool cap is trying to be cute. 6. She looks like she's wearing a bath robe. 9. Offset by her cuteness, even if body wise she is kind of, again, adolescent manny. 10. Natalie Portman really looks like a ******* frump here. 11. Approximation of adolescence + cute colours. 12. Adolescence + the feminine touch of jewelry and the hat. 12. Adolescent look again.

You have an incredibly limited style vocabulary.

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
I've already given you the answer to this, but I will state this again:

Feminine features track neoteny. Even when women have sexual dimorphic features, the feminine retains neotenous elements.

Facial shape
Smaller bodies
Softer voices
Very little bone structural changes except the widening of the hips/pelvis.
Even things like eyelash length. (Have you ever noticed how children tend to have really long eye lashes?)

Thus even if a woman has a more obviously feminine build, she still has the neotenous features to look cute. Cute is something that almost exclusively belongs to women as an aesthetic. Why? Because they are more child-like (neotenous) in appearance.

“In a cross-cultural study, more neotenized female faces were the most attractive to men while less neotenized female faces were the least attractive to men, regardless of the females' actual age.[15] Using a panel of Asian, Hispanic and White judges, Michael R. Cunningham found that the Asian, Hispanic and white female faces found most attractive were those that had "neonate large eyes, greater distance between eyes, and small noses"[41] and his study led him to conclude that "large eyes" were the most "effective" of the "neonate cues".[41] Cunningham also said that "shiny" hair may be indicative of "neonate vitality".[41]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads