• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

sneakers... help!

berlinDE

Reaction score
I accidentally my ruined the bf's sneakers. (Long story.) I kept the shoes, thinking I could get an identical pair, but my schedule's been crazy and between the incident and today it looks like he threw the old pair out. So now I can't find an exact replacement.

All I can remember is that they were gray (or beige?) New Balance sneakers with navy trim. He used them to workout and run, but most of his workout consists of weight lifting and jumping jacks.

I checked a few out at one of the big box stores and all of the NB look awful--plus there was no one to tell me whether they'd be good for running and weight lifting.

Any advice? Anything I should definitely stay way from?

Thanks,
Your Buddy's Lousy Girlfriend

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like you did him a favor

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

berlinDE

Reaction score
They're work out shoes. He never wears them out of the garage. What do YOU work out in?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should wear shoes with a flat arch and sole when weight lifting. Thus you be trolling

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlinDE
I accidentally my ruined the bf's sneakers. (Long story.) I kept the shoes, thinking I could get an identical pair, but my schedule's been crazy and between the incident and today it looks like he threw the old pair out. So now I can't find an exact replacement.

All I can remember is that they were gray (or beige?) New Balance sneakers with navy trim. He used them to workout and run, but most of his workout consists of weight lifting and jumping jacks.

I checked a few out at one of the big box stores and all of the NB look awful--plus there was no one to tell me whether they'd be good for running and weight lifting.

Any advice? Anything I should definitely stay way from?

Thanks,
Your Buddy's Lousy Girlfriend

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
You should wear shoes with a flat arch and sole when weight lifting. Thus you be trolling
+1 Chucks or Stan Smiths work well for me. They look ok and they're cheap.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlinDE
They're work out shoes. He never wears them out of the garage. What do YOU work out in?
If you don't care for the opinion of the people you came to ask, then get out. Did you expect me to say something like, "those are just crappy enough to work out in." ?

berlinDE

Reaction score
I asked what you work out in to find out what you work out in. Not to be a jerk.

Thanks for those with recs, I'll check them out.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.