• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sneakers for running.

Johnathan

Reaction score
I do most of my running in these:
as2245.jpg

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man, one bad trip or one sidewalk ledge too high and your toenails are in a world of pain in those huaraches (makes me shudder even thinking about it)

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think the OP seriously has no clue. Good leather jackets are expensive, good running shoes are ugly. /thread.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
I'm beginning to think the OP seriously has no clue. Good leather jackets are expensive, good running shoes are ugly. /thread.

Y3

argument ruined

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Pearls also has somee good looking shoes, for that matter New Balance does, too.

Y-3 aren't real running shoes, more of a style thing.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hummingbird
Nike Free 3.0 IIs. Far better than the massively structured and ridiculously over-engineered shoes out there. Simple, light, and huge benefits for your foot musculature.

bought these recently and they feel great. i was debating whether or not to get the 5.0s first but i'm happy with my purchase and the colors!

rinky9888

Reaction score
Running shoes are an extremely personal choice for each person. You have chosen well in the Asics brand, there are also other brands that do great, but might fit slightly differently such as New Balance etc. The best option is to buy the person a gift card for a specialized running store. This will usually be a small shop that is dedicated almost entirely to running. The gift card should be for around $150 to cover the cost of a good set of shoes.

The problem is that the quality of many running shoes is quite similar, the fit is entirely personal. When you are running a marathon in them, the fit needs to be perfect to prevent blisters etc. The specialized running store will generally do a free personalized fitting for the runner to ensure they get the correct shoe for them.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
Pearls also has somee good looking shoes, for that matter New Balance does, too.

Y-3 aren't real running shoes, more of a style thing.

I believe you mistook my post.

y3 are horribly ugly and terrible as running sneakers.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden Cordovan Monk Straps are appropriate for most distance running.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
It's best to go have your stride analyzed. And while I respect New Balance, it is not the only good running shoe company. Mizuno, Nike, Adidas, Brooks, Asics, and Pearl Izumi all make good running shoes. The cushioning and fit is different on all of them, so I would suggest trying as many as possible to see what you like best. Obviously, most on here appear to like New Balance which is a good running shoe.

Best answer in this thread.

Dude, get yourself to an actual running store and get them to recommend a pair of shoes for you. The type of running shoe that will fit you well will depend on how you land while running and the shape of your foot. If you are going to do some serious running, CPs or whatever ain't gonna cut it.

EdenResident

Reaction score
On the same topic, I've read that anaerobic excercise is better than aerobic excersise. A couple all out sprints mixed in with some light running or an intense lifting session are a lot more effective than jogging at the same pace for a couple miles. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

DrPat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EdenResident
On the same topic, I've read that anaerobic excercise is better than aerobic excersise. A couple all out sprints mixed in with some light running or an intense lifting session are a lot more effective than jogging at the same pace for a couple miles. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

A lot more effective at what?

One is not better than the other. They are two different types of exercise which work different systems of the body. Ideally, you should do both. Aerobic exercise works the aerobic system and slow-twitch muscles and helps you loose weight. Aerobic works the fast-twitch muscles and is what builds muscle mass. This is a major simplification, but you should get the idea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads