• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sneakers for Fall

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aspriel
As someone who isn't nearly as sartorially inclined as you all may be... I do rather enjoy these:
_5277624.jpg

fixed sneakers are over... shell cordovan is the new dunk

StevenRocks

Reaction score
There are some Air Max 1s at Barneys Co-Op's website that are both subdued and hot...that's what I like this fall.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oneitis
Any other good suggestions? Anyone tried the Steven Alan dill suede sneakers? Any good?

I have a pair of very similar APC beige suede sneakers (Spring Court style) which I'm very fond of. Obviously, I get a little dirt paranoid when I wear them...

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Here are a pair of Pumas I picked up in Japan. The colors really nice in my opinion.
dsc00662rp7.jpg

Oneitis

Reaction score
I really like those Pumas. Very cool, kind of a different riff on a common shoe.

whynot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mendel
When you're tired of Chucks, it's time to move on to Jack Purcells. http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/7220011...e/1/bar/1.html http://www.zappos.com/n/bs?q=varvatos+jack+purcell I just picked up a pair of these:
1396-269589-d.jpg
Unlike the Chuck slip-ons, they actually stay on my feet. They even have some arch support.

hmmm, i just purchased a pair of the varvatos chuck taylor slips but i need a snugger fit to keep my feet from slipping out. would the jack purcells be better in that regard?

seen

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get Jack Purcells in Toronto, Canada?

mendel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whynot
hmmm, i just purchased a pair of the varvatos chuck taylor slips but i need a snugger fit to keep my feet from slipping out. would the jack purcells be better in that regard?

Well, my feet aren't your feet, but when I tried on the plain Chucks slips they wouldn't stay on my heel at all, and the Purcells fit great. If that's what you felt with the Chucks then I'd give the Purcells a shot.

mendel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seen

I bought mine at Stance's Ottawa store, and they have a store in Square One, so that's a good bet. I think Neon on Queen would have 'em too. I dunno if GoodFoot carries Converse but it's always worth checking out anyhow.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seen

Zappos.com it's free shipping both ways, and I think $50usd is pretty standard everywhere you go.

mendel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Zappos.com it's free shipping both ways, and I think $50usd is pretty standard everywhere you go.

Zappos doesn't ship outside the US. (And the US online shoe stores that do ship to Canada charge UPS or Fedex rates for shipping -- usually $35/pair or so -- and don't usually accept returns at all.)

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
fixed

sneakers are over... shell cordovan is the new dunk

The win.

Edit: wait. I hate dunks. Please don't kill shell for me...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads