• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sneaker Suggestions

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just about to buy some new Chuck Taylors to wear for the summer but started thinking... Any other sneaker suggestions? I really like adidas (and will get another pair of superstars) but started looking around for something different. I am not much of a 'sneaker wearer' (as you can probably tell by my traditional sneaker picks - chucks and superstars) but I need something casual to wear with jeans and a t-shirt when playing out with the band during the summer. I kinda like these but not really sure.
160317.jpg
Or these?
1729-98312-d.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh no. Please don't. Here are a few suggestions that are infinitely better:

Adidas classic Italias (if you can find them) or the New Italias. Or Samoas.
Jack Purcells. The "other" Converse.
Van Sk8-Hi's
Van's slip ons (although I never wear these, I think that they can look cool.
Nike Blazers (pretty much the only Nike model I really like)
Spring Courts - Low courts or "Baskets". They are tought to come by, but I think that some Barney's have them.
Coq Sportif - various models - see YOOX.com. Oh, and support the forum.

Originally Posted by Tck13
I was just about to buy some new Chuck Taylors to wear for the summer but started thinking...

Any other sneaker suggestions? I really like adidas (and will get another pair of superstars) but started looking around for something different.

I am not much of a 'sneaker wearer' (as you can probably tell by my traditional sneaker picks - chucks and superstars) but I need something casual to wear with jeans and a t-shirt when playing out with the band during the summer.

I kinda like these but not really sure.

160317.jpg

Vaclav

Reaction score
You should only buy sneakers,from sneaker companies.

This is my opinion.

seen

Reaction score
Adidas Rod Lavers definitely.

Go for vintage adidas superstars at Urban Outfitters

StevenRocks

Reaction score
Most classic adidas or Nikes are nice. I am starting to like some of the more subdued Puma and Asics models as well. The New Balance 991/992 is also cool.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer black shoes, as they seem nicer when worn in. White look better with sleeker shoes though. My top 2 picks would be: Adidas Samba
pG01-214369reg.jpg
Converse Jack Purcell
142898.jpg

Ahaz

Reaction score
Every photo I see of the Purcells looks slighty different. Can anyone tell me if the toe has an upturn to it? I can't stand when shoes do that
frown.gif

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
Personally, I prefer black shoes, as they seem nicer when worn in. White look better with sleeker shoes though.

My top 2 picks would be:

Adidas Samba
pG01-214369reg.jpg

Converse Jack Purcell
142898.jpg

seconded.
i love both these. i have the sambas and theyre really comfy. and i like the indoor soccer version (pictured) cause it has the weird long tounge. :p
i stick to black shoes...

Babar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vaclav
You should only buy sneakers,from sneaker companies. This is my opinion.
Helmut Lang & Dior Homme do some great sneakers imo, but they are usually based on classic designs. Most stuff Gucci, LV, DG and Prada Sport put out is ugly as sin, though there's always exceptions.

Vaclav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Babar
Helmut Lang & Dior Homme do some great sneakers imo, but they are usually based on classic designs. Most stuff Gucci, LV, DG and Prada Sport put out is ugly as sin, though there's always exceptions.

In all those brands, the qualtity is lacking, because they didn't design them for any function.

Reaction score
since you like superstars, think maybe a pair of white on white ups low might suit you? may be too hip hop for you, i see you mentioned you play in a band.

306353-112.gif

or maybe pro keds or pf flyers to go with your converse tendency

i second the vans skate hi, or slip-on suggestion

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
slip-ons are all-purpose wear that goes with just about every look.

LA Guy, would you recommend any particular Le coq sportif sneaks? I was hunting around for some myself, but i haven't found a store here where i live.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads