Snappy Auctions - will sell your stuff on eBay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jim, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Jim

Jim Senior member

I recently discovered SnappyAuctions, a service that sells your stuff on eBay. Â I used them to sell some Oxxford suits and Alden shoes and the moved them quickly. Â They are in most major cities (or will be soon) and are also at www.snappyauctions.com.

2. kabert

kabert Senior member

I looked into a couple of these and was amazed at the high fees they charge. Sure, they have to take pictures and write descriptions, but still -- 30% off the top seemed to be the norm from what I saw.

3. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

30% is not enough - a brick and mortar consignment store would charge you 50% for a small fraction of the work, and they don't have to pay 10-15% off the top to ebay/paypal. At 30% I think it is a losing proposition for the consignment company...

4. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Although I have no experience with snappyauctions in particular, I must say I like ebay auction dropoff companies -- as a buyer. Many, indeed, most, don't know how to sell clothing, much less high-end clothing. Misspelled brand names, insufficient pictures, esoteric measurements or no measurements at all, etc. It's as if the amateurs have farmed out their amateurness to would-be professionals.

5. nsoltz1

nsoltz1 Member

Right about those eBay consignment places that don't know clothes-- got a 1 year old Zegna navy Su Misura with functional sleeve buttons-- maybe worn twice-- for a little over $200... From a buyer's point of view... love 'em.

Ned Soltz

6. kabert

kabert Senior member

One of those companies listed about 10 Paul Stuart used suits about 4 months ago -- all priced at something like $75 each. The descriptions and pictures were so awful that I don't think a single one was sold, must less saw any bidding action. They were relisted once, with the same lack of interest.

7. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Alright, this thread is just begging for blatant self promotion, sorry [​IMG] If you want to sell high-end clothing, best to post it here on the forum, or if you want it on ebay then go through a professional, eg. me....

8. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

A Harris - if you truly wanted to self-promote, you should have said "i.e.", not "e.g." [​IMG]