• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Snag in suit wool fabric

nevaeh

Reaction score
Hi all, I noticed an extremely small “snag” on the back of my suit jacket (VBC fabric) after it came back from the dry cleaners. Perhaps it might be difficult to see what’s going on with the attached photos (hard to capture it), but is this something to be concerned about?

Thank you! I’ll appreciate your thoughts.

Attachments

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hm. it looks very very small.

is there actually a loop pulled on the front side? if there's not an appreciable pull like a little loop my thinking is it would be best off not fussing with it as a small bend would probably come out in the next dry cleaning. or even with normal wear/ambient humidity etc.

but if you fuss it you risk the fabric around it, creating a bigger spot. imho.

edit: it may even be a small flaw in the making, like a small slub or self-knot that shifted.

i think if it somehow progressed you could take to a reweaver . worst case.

nevaeh

Reaction score
hm. it looks very very small.

is there actually a loop pulled on the front side? if there's not an appreciable pull like a little loop my thinking is it would be best off not fussing with it as a small bend would probably come out in the next dry cleaning. or even with normal wear/ambient humidity etc.

but if you fuss it you risk the fabric around it, creating a bigger spot. imho.

edit: it may even be a small flaw in the making, like a small slub or self-knot that shifted.

i think if it somehow progressed you could take to a reweaver . worst case.
Thanks so much for the reply! It puts me at ease. You’re right—it’s really, really tiny. I’ll simply leave it be and continue to wear it. I’ll monitor it and, if it gets worse, I’ll worry about it then.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.