• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Smokeless Tobacco Safety

hoofhearted

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to smokeless tobacco products, I was a previous cigarette smoker but quit due to the dangers. I have heard from many people that smokeless tobaccos are much safer and I think I want to try them but I read this article http://www.helpandinformation.com/ar...-tobaccos.html
and it states that smokeless tobaccos actually are not safe, so now I am confused, what is the general consensus of the forum as to safety?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nothing that tastes or feels good is safe for you.

G0079

Reaction score
Cancer in your lips and gums instead of your lungs.

cryan1980

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hoofhearted
Hello,
I am new to smokeless tobacco products, I was a previous cigarette smoker but quit due to the dangers. I have heard from many people that smokeless tobaccos are much safer and I think I want to try them but I read this article http://www.helpandinformation.com/ar...-tobaccos.html
and it states that smokeless tobaccos actually are not safe, so now I am confused, what is the general consensus of the forum as to safety?

Dangers are far worse than with smoking just not as publicised. It is also WAY more nicotine and addiction is crazy.

I smoked approx pack a day for a few years and then quit...

For some reason I picked up smokeless a few years after that... 1/2 a tin lead to a tin then a tin and 1/2 per day over the course of 4 years or so... Daily use.. Quit once for 6 months but went right back...

Currently im 11 months without.. I still have dreams about using it.

Seriously, Smoke a pipe a cigar an occasional cigarette but stay away from smokeless...

InsBrokerTX

Reaction score
I dipped for about 15 years until I saw a guy that had lost the lower half of his face from cancer. He dipped and chewed tobaco for many years until his little encounter with cancer.

It really hit home with me because my dentist had told me a few weeks prior that I had precancerous lesions in my mouth. Thats been about 20 years ago and I still pray that my youthful indiscretions and stupidity don't come back to haunt me.

Why start something that is so dangerous?

fleet on feet

Reaction score
It seems I misread Harveys quote. For some reason I thought it said "nothing that tastes or feels good is good for you". My apologies.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RJR once had a smokeless cigareete and everybody said the same-"taste like shit and smells like a fart"

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Not really, you trade lung cancer with throat/jaw cancer...

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 89 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 161 31.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 83 16.3%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 48 9.4%