1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Smedley on STP

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, Apr 28, 2005.

1. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Was thinking maybe this would be good to bum around the house in and with jeans (I'd like a "sweatshirt" that doesn't fade and get stiff after three washings please -- I'm talking to you GAP). Â LA Guy, I know you're going to come back with "you could get the same thing at American Apparel." BTW, I like the charcoal one.

2. kabert

kabert Senior member

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Looks decent. I personally would prefer a slimmer cut (say, by Helmut Lang) in a darker color and heavier fabric, but hey, I'm not you now, am I?

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Knits and the sweatshirts are different. I think that the STP is actually a sweatshirt - i.e. made from cotton jersey - rather than a knit.

5. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

I own the Smedley sweatshirt and it's underwhelming. The cuffs stretch out and get loose, the cotton might be Sea Island but it doesn't feel all that soft. My opinion, of course, but as I also bought it from STP thought I'd weigh in.

6. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I didn't know if it was knit or jersey -- I don't want the latter.  Good to know that it was reviewed poorly.  That'll save me some bucks.

I'll check out Lance's stuff, BTW.

I also prefer darker, more heathered, and heavier -- the chances I'd purchase the Smedley were about 1/10 prior to posting. Now they are zero.