• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Smartybuyglasses.com???

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This web-site has a great selection and prices are incredible. But they have some sketchy payment policies. I purchased glasses from this site and paid through the third-party payment system. I got an e-mail saying my purchase was approved and the funds dedicated. Then I got another e-mail saying that my payment was flagged as suspicious and they need my driver's license or something else to prove I am who I say I am. I write to customer service to inquire about the authenticity of this e-mail and they assure me it is real; a scanned copy of my driver's license or passport will suffice. Why? TO PREVENT IDENTITY FRAUD. Yes. They wanted me to create a digital image of one of my two primary forms of identification and transmit it to an anonymous company operating on the internet. I suggested to them that their request would probably result in more identify fraud then it would prevent, and that the appropriate way to handle a suspicious charge was to call the credit card company to confirm. They responded without acknowledging that point and suggested I get a refund and pay via PayPal. Needless to say, I got my money back. How sketch is this?

godofcoffee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Recoil
This web-site has a great selection and prices are incredible. But they have some sketchy payment policies. I purchased glasses from this site and paid through the third-party payment system. I got an e-mail saying my purchase was approved and the funds dedicated. Then I got another e-mail saying that my payment was flagged as suspicious and they need my driver's license or something else to prove I am who I say I am. I write to customer service to inquire about the authenticity of this e-mail and they assure me it is real; a scanned copy of my driver's license or passport will suffice. Why? TO PREVENT IDENTITY FRAUD. Yes. They wanted me to create a digital image of one of my two primary forms of identification and transmit it to an anonymous company operating on the internet. I suggested to them that their request would probably result in more identify fraud then it would prevent, and that the appropriate way to handle a suspicious charge was to call the credit card company to confirm. They responded without acknowledging that point and suggested I get a refund and pay via PayPal.

Needless to say, I got my money back. How sketch is this?

?

Originally Posted by GBear

??????

Saenek

Reaction score
I bought a pair of glasses from them about a year ago, didn't have any problems, they did take a little while cause they shipped from HK I think.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saenek
I bought a pair of glasses from them about a year ago, didn't have any problems, they did take a little while cause they shipped from HK I think.

I'm sure it would have been fine if I didn't get flagged, my concern is they think this is an appropriate way to handle a questionable charge.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 78 16.8%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 151 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 77 16.6%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 40 8.6%