• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SMART x Hermes

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
14,980
Reaction score
1,044
Wow... kinda cute, but I'd hate to see how much more it costs over MSRP for a normal version of the SMART.

Nevertheless, I can see this being a big hit in Japan.
 

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
2,537
Reaction score
145
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Wow... kinda cute, but I'd hate to see how much more it costs over MSRP for a normal version of the SMART.

Nevertheless, I can see this being a big hit in Japan.



Never underestimate the retail power of the limited collaboration in Japan.
 

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
14,980
Reaction score
1,044
Originally Posted by Kuro
Never underestimate the retail power of the limited collaboration in Japan.


Yeah, I mean, didn't Issey Miyake do a collabo with a vacuum company???
 

kronik

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 2, 2006
Messages
3,944
Reaction score
7
Dyson - I considered buying his handheld vacuum.
 

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
3,198
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by kronik
Dyson - I considered buying his handheld vacuum.

it has a 6 minute battery life
 

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
3,682
Reaction score
6
I HATE SMART CARS! That is all.
 

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
3,203
Reaction score
36
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Nevertheless, I can see this being a big hit in Japan.

I doubt it. Smart cars are not even that popular in Japan.

They are very popular in Europe, but I don`t think anyone would be stupid enough to buy the expensive Hermes version.
 

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
2,461
Reaction score
12
I wouldn't be surprised if the Hermes Smartcar costs more than a C- or even an E-Class.
 

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
3,682
Reaction score
6
Originally Posted by Dragon
I doubt it. Smart cars are not even that popular in Japan.

They are very popular in Europe, but I don`t think anyone would be stupid enough to buy the expensive Hermes version.


QFT. There are so many better (more powerful, spacious, economical, dont handle like a roller skate, etc) domestic Kei Cars here. Though I did see this monstrosity in Jyugaoka a couple years ago:

 

Casey

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
368
Reaction score
1
I understood CoachxLexus, MaseratixFerragamo, VersacexLamborghini, and so forth, but Hermes, being more "high-class" than any of the other labels spicing up a sub $15k car does not seem very logical.

However, I find it interesting and would probably buy it if I were stupid and rich.
 

chrome_dout

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
495
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Casey
I understood CoachxLexus, MaseratixFerragamo, VersacexLamborghini, and so forth, but Hermes, being more "high-class" than any of the other labels spicing up a sub $15k car does not seem very logical.

However, I find it interesting and would probably buy it if I were stupid and rich.


Agree with your first paragraph, have to disagree with the second paragraph.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 133 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 250 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 120 15.6%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 68 8.9%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 47 6.1%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 23 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 21 2.7%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 16 2.1%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 8 1.0%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 8 1.0%
  • 100+

    Votes: 48 6.3%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
428,731
Messages
9,223,344
Members
193,608
Latest member
MattNJ
Top