1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Smart turnout

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jerrysfriend, Nov 29, 2004.

1. jerrysfriend

jerrysfriend Senior member

anyone know of http://www.smartturnout.com/ The prices seem reasonable. Ties and sweaters look good. Are the shoes by Loake? Looks like Loake prices.

2. ViroBono

ViroBono Senior member

This company is run by an ex-Army officer and is quite well known amongst the British military. Their stuff is good quality, as far as I know, though I haven't bought from them myself.

The shoes may well be Loake, but I think they are more likely to be Sanders, whose uniform shoes and boots are worn by many officers - my mess boots are the Lambourn boot shown.

All the ties are specific to regiments and corps etc. and should of course only be worn by those entitled to them; for others to wear them is considered very bad form indeed.