• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Smart phones with cheap data packages

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm getting a little tired of BlackBerry. I'm on AT&T and am considering a switch to a different type of smart phone...with a cheaper data package. Any recommendations?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Get an iPhone, you gaylord.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
BBM 4eva!!11111

i dont think there ARE any cheap data packages unless you switch to like boost mobile, lolz.
eh.gif
i pay entirely too much for my phone plan and it pisses me off.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
virgin mobile.

25 bucks/mo

Sounds about right for Conne.

Ben85

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4, 6gb data plan for $30. That's right, 30. But I also spend another 30 on my unlimited text and very limited minutes. I never have to worry about going over on data which is A LOT more than going over on minutes. Only downside to this is I'm with Rogers
ffffuuuu.gif

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
virgin mobile.

25 bucks/mo

This.

Spring for the nicest VM phone, get a month-to-month contract for cheap as hell, and you can walk whenever you want if something better comes along. I haven't paid more than $30/mo for cell service since like 2006.

jerry37917

Reaction score
I'm using a blackberry on U.S. Cellular. They have a new program called the Belief project, so I thought I'd call and see if I could get my $175 bill lowered (ugh...is it really that much...oh yeah...I have a pre-teen with a phone). After several minutes of talking and explaining what all she could "do for me," she said you're new bill would be $185. Apparently she didn't understand the concept of "lower my bill."

While I highly recommend U.S. Cellular, at $25/smartphone, the data plan adds up quickly (my wife just had to have a blackberry, too).

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ben85
I have an iPhone 4, 6gb data plan for $30. That's right, 30. But I also spend another 30 on my unlimited text and very limited minutes. I never have to worry about going over on data which is A LOT more than going over on minutes. Only downside to this is I'm with Rogers
ffffuuuu.gif

I get unlimited data for $30 on my iPhone. Of course AT&T doesn't offer that plan anymore. My phone plan is 450 anytime/1000 N&W, 1500 texts, unlimited data and it comes to about $70 a month after the taxes. Unfortunatly, with the exception of the text portion, none of these are offered by AT&T anymore. I've been with them for about 10 years since I started undergrad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads