• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smaller suits? under 34?!

despotroast

Reaction score
hello, I am looking for a new suit and would like to buy off the rack but I'm pretty short and very slim so it's hard to find something that will fit me. I was very interested in picking up a dior or costume national because I really like the way they fit, but it seems like I won't be able to get anything like outside of a custom suit. I have gone through juniors sections here and there to see if those might work better, and while some of them fit me (brooks brothers, hickey freeman), I am not very impressed with the shape of them or the construction. I was wondering if any of you might know of a superior maker of childrens' suits or someone who makes mens suits in very small sizes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Try Four in Hand Ties, they have suits down to 34 that could probably be altered a little and fit fine.

EDIT: If I recall correctly, they're fused is the only drawback.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
many rtw makers will do m2m. this is done through their retailers.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
Try Four in Hand Ties, they have suits down to 34 that could probably be altered a little and fit fine.

EDIT: If I recall correctly, they're fused is the only drawback.

To resurrect this week old feller...

Yes, I do carry 34S (yup, fused) and in my Children's shop I do carry lower than that, Email or PM me.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTM. my dad is 5' 7" and about 110 lbs. he's a 34S and got a suit MTM in Hong Kong. looks really nice on him.

-Jeff

Rolo

Reaction score
When I used to live in LA, I would shop in Little Tokyo for small suits (less than 36s). There was also a place out in Del Amo Fashion Square, Jimmy Au's that carried nothing by small stuff. I understand that Jimmy Au's is now in Beverly Hills. They carry designer stuff starting at 34s. I think they even have suits in 34xs.

Rolo

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think Cosume National makes size 44 suits. Helmut Lang did, but they were still meant for taller, skinny people.
Do you need a 34 because you have puny chest & shoulders, or because you are short?

!luc

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads