1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Small business owners: iPad Point of Sale experiences?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by Cary Grant, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Anybody using Revel, Vend or similar?

I have a need for one register, one location POS. Needs to tie in to a price calculating food scale.

2. David Lopez

David Lopez New Member

I work with Revel, Vend, Ambur, POS Lavu. I have merchants I work with using all of those systems. I can help consult you on what is the best solution.

You can contact me here: david@ndmscorp.com

Thanks.

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Also interested in this, Cary Grant, so a bump for you.

4. xpress

xpress Senior member

3rd interested.

We use a Moneris POS, which is good... But the hardware (tower) provided is useless.

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

the most common software is square, which is easy to use but has higher rates and can't handle multi-purchase refunds well. what's more important to you - lowest possible rates, ease of use, appearance, flexibility? do you plan on doing a lot of manual entry purchases (over the phone purchases), or is it all in person?

6. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Teger-

Square is more at taking payments/processing. I might for example use Square in combination with Vend, Revel etc...

It's the full point-of-sale I'm interested in, including inventory, staff log-in, etc.

:)

Revel has added a food scale since I last looked into it so that's important.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  7. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

There's also mPowa, though the device hasn't been released yet.

8. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

^^Not in US- and again, I need a kiosk with scale etc...

9. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

I work at mPowa, it's not in the US, yet. But it will be soon. No scale in the plans though :s