• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slippers

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen:

What's a good place on-line to view a selection of leather house slippers of English make? (I believe the stylistic term is "mule" but I shudder to type such a word).

Draper seems good to me. Churchs too, though I wasn't too happy with my last pair of Church's and not sure that I want to patronize again.

I don't see many options on the English shoe sites for slippers (with exception of some Drapers), so leads much appreciated.

Pip pip,

H.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a Florida company called Stubbs & Wootten that makes rather dandyish slippers -- they appear to be high quality, but often with designs (poodles, sculls, eagles, etc.) of your liking. Edward Green makes nice ones too, of designs similar but less flamboyant than S&W. Crockett & Jones makes some too, of similar style. All have stacked leather heels. Brooks Brothers has for years carried a less flashy, more comfortable style of slipper. Frankly, I've been looking for some nice, comfortable slippers for years -- they seem to be very hard to find. For now, I make due with driving shoes/mocs in the warmer months and a pair of Pendleton wool/leather jobbies in the colder months.

jester

Reaction score
I'd also be interested if anyone has suggestions for high-quality non-mule slippers. I've been realizing that even though I'm usually quite warm, my feet get cold in the winter and they stay that way after I get into bed. I'd much rather solve this with nice slippers than by wearing heavy socks at night; on the other hand, I don't want Uggs or something too fleecy, as then I'll just sweat to death.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
trickers does that kind of slipper,not in leather, in something like thick felt, I think.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a Florida company called Stubbs & Wootten that makes rather dandyish slippers -- they appear to be high quality, but often with designs (poodles, sculls, eagles, etc.) of your liking.  Edward Green makes nice ones too, of designs similar but less flamboyant than S&W.  Crockett & Jones makes some too, of similar style.  All have stacked leather heels.  Brooks Brothers has for years carried a less flashy, more comfortable style of slipper.  Frankly, I've been looking for some nice, comfortable slippers for years -- they seem to be very hard to find.  For now, I make due with driving shoes/mocs in the warmer months and a pair of Pendleton wool/leather jobbies in the colder months.
I've know about the Brooks slipper. Who do you reckon makes it?

Bostonfellow

Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Sorry for the bump guys, what is the sizing like on b&h/shipton & heneage velvet slippers? I'm a 9 in c&j, what size is recommended in the albert slippers?

Thanks for the help gents.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads