• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slimmest fitting OTR dress shirts?

JRolley

Reaction score
I have fairly broad shoulders and chest but a narrow waist. I was the shirt to fit like a glove around my chest, shoulders and arms and then sit nicely around my waist. Any opinions on brands you've seen that fit like this?

ronish

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forums, i tried and searched a lot to get perfect fitting slim shirt but couldn't find any of one. I am little thin and taller. The problem i face mostly is short in length or short in sleeve. Any suggestions or idea which brand would give me perfect fitting in slim shirts

Midnight

Reaction score
It's difficult to give advice without more information, like your precise chest and collar measurements.

From my experience the OTR shirts which tailor in the most (i.e have the largest difference between the chest measurement and the waist measurement) are the TM Lewin Slim Fits. If you want the slimmest shirts (i.e. the shirts which have the smallest chest size for a given neck size) then Hugo Boss Extra Slim Fit is the slimmest I have found.

JRolley

Reaction score
Sorry about that I just measured them myself so I guess they're rough but I got 15inch neck and 39inch chest that seem about right? For pants I usually wear with 30/32 waist.
Thanks for the info btw! What's the average prince points for TM Lewin and Hugo Boss shirts?

Last edited:

Layered Player

Reaction score
I'm a 16.5-35 with a 42 chest and 34 waist making it near impossible to get an OTR shirt that fits, period.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a 16.5-35 with a 42 chest and 34 waist making it near impossible to get an OTR shirt that fits, period.
that's pretty much standard otr size 16.5 shirts measurements you got there. I am 16 with 42 chest and 34 waist, neck fits and chest is off or chest fits neck is too loose or sleeves too long.

Midnight

Reaction score
TM Lewin shirts tend to be around $50. Hugo Boss shirts are around $150 each. With TM Lewin, however, there are multi-buy deals and you can get 4 for $40. TM Lewin also do regular voucher code deals.

jamesphw

Reaction score
The slimmest fit I ever bought was a Hugo boss extra slim fit (and I regret it -- it's too slim for me). Second to that, TM Lewin's John Francomb shirts are your best bet (that I know of, at least).

Last edited:

House

Reaction score
If you go here they will give you the measurements of different brands

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/mens/dress-shirts?id=17647

And btw, Bloomingsale's on 59th is a top store.

Don't confuse websites that have to reach a much wider clientelle, or outlets or satellite stores in poorer areas with the real thing whether it's Bloomies, BB, Saks, NM etc

chet31

Reaction score
Calvin Klein extra slim fit (regular slim fit not slim enough) and Express slim fit (1MX?) are the slimmest shirts I have found OTR. The CKs are decent quality. Out of necessity, I have learned how to take my shirts in, it's one of the easier sewing projects.

Chase H

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
DKNY slim fit is much slimmer than the Express extra slim fit (1mx is a shirting line, not a fit). However, one must be careful to avoid the shrunken collar on many of their patterned offerings. It is wholly inappropriate with a tie.

Chase H

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The combination of a shrunken collar and slim fit are disconcerting. If you're already thin and plan on wearing that it will make you look like you should eat a burger or two.
Their patterns are beautiful, though. I'm about to use the word rakish unironically, so brace yourself. The DKNY shirts can look positively rakish on a thin gentleman.

Anyway, some of their shirts have normal-sized collars, and the fit's just perfect on me.

NOTE: I am not that gentleman. I doubt anything I wear could be described as "rakish."

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Their patterns are beautiful, though. I'm about to use the word rakish unironically, so brace yourself. The DKNY shirts can look positively rakish on a thin gentleman. 

Anyway, some of their shirts have normal-sized collars, and the fit's just perfect on me.

oh dear god

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads