• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slimmer than BB Slim Fit?

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
Are there any RTW dress shirts that are slimmer than Brooks Brothers "Slim Fit" and about the same price level?

I fit "medium" well everywhere, but my neck is 16 to 16 1/2. When I get shirts that fit my neck, every other part fits too big!

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
Anyone? Surely there must be RTW shirts that are slimmer than BB "Slim Fit"?

How does Polo's "Tailor Fit" fare?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SC, I've had a lot of luck with the Charles Tyrwhitt "fitted line" shirts. I have both BB "slim fit" and CT "fitted" and I've found that the CT "fitted" shirts have a much slimmer fit than the BB shirts. I still like the BB shirts because sometimes in the summer I like a shirt with a little bit more room in it, but not as roomy as regular RTW shirts.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I've given up on trying to find shirts cut slim enough, and now just buy what I like and have them tapered. Much easier, and only costs $15-$18 or so.

I've even given up on this and gone MTM/custom. My altered shirts still had armholes too large fof me and never fit quite right. I never found anything that looked quite right on me.

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
So... CT fitted shirts are even slimmer than BB slim fit, eh?

What about Polo custom fit?

Any other maker?

The Grapist

Reaction score
IIRC, Polo Custom Fit is in fact slimmer than BB's slim fits, but my experience with BB is only try-ons at the store, while I own a few Polo shirts.

the42n8s1

Reaction score
Ralph Lauren Black Label shirts are very very slim. Slimmer than 'custom' fit I believe.

The Grapist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the42n8s1
Ralph Lauren Black Label shirts are very very slim. Slimmer than 'custom' fit I believe.

They are, but not by very much.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of ANY manufacturer that has an OTR shirt with a 17-17.5 neck and a chest measurement of 42-45" (or at least a chest measurement that wouldn't look ridiculous on a 40R)? I would be eternally thankful if anyone has any suggestions, seeing as MTM isn't really cheap or easy or quick.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a similar issue - a 17.5 neck, 42R..

Finding shirts that don't look like tents on me is a complete pain **********.

Stax

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Land's End Custom serves me very well for day to day workhorse shirts.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried T.M. Lewin shirts? I prefer their cut over all others - uniformly slim, with a little taper at the waist. For the record I'm 15-34, 40L, so I don't know how the size scales upwards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics