• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Wallet

Synrax

Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations on slim wallets. Currently I use my business card holder (2.5" X 4") to carry 5 credit cards/id and 7 business cards, and I leave my cash bi-folded in my pocket. It's super light and ****** never feels like I'm sitting on anything. But I'd like to be able to stash my cash more securely.

The Slimmy and All-Ett seem kind of gimmicky. Also, no money clip because I don't want to sit on anything that pokes out. Fire away!

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call Peter Hermann in New York and see whether they have the slim Charing Cross wallet in stock. It's made with English leather, with two card pockets and a cash pocket that's closed on the bottom and on one side only (not two) so it has to be slim to hold anything. It will hold ten bills, four credit cards (doubled up) and a dry cleaning ticket - and that's it. No room for anything superfluous.

It's the diametric opposite of the Costanza wallet.

You'll have to leave a credit card at home, and continue to carry the card holder for cards.

http://nymag.com/listings/stores/peter_hermann/

Originally Posted by Synrax
I'm looking for recommendations on slim wallets. Currently I use my business card holder (2.5" X 4") to carry 5 credit cards/id and 7 business cards, and I leave my cash bi-folded in my pocket. It's super light and ****** never feels like I'm sitting on anything. But I'd like to be able to stash my cash more securely.

The Slimmy and All-Ett seem kind of gimmicky. Also, no money clip because I don't want to sit on anything that pokes out. Fire away!

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Wilson's has bi-fold wallets that are barely noticeable in slim jeans - and they're cheap.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually made one of these one day when I was bored at work. It doesn't replace my real wallet but it is fun and super-slim!

http://www.instructables.com/id/Wall...uter-keyboard/

F8WP8HO3CBEZ7BHFKZ.MEDIUM.jpg

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Louis Vuitton makes a very thin wallet. They are generally only like 2 or 3 pieces of leather stitched together. Burberry, Prada, Tod's, and Gucci also makes a wallet(s) with similar construction. I don't know if those are in your price range or not, but the quality should be top notch. (LV will be about 400, Gucci 150 - 300, Burberry around 250, Tod's around 250. Prices USD.)

A quick google search led me to this one who proclaims their wallet as 'The World's Thinnest'. No idea about quality but they are only 20 dollars. Link

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
have had my eye on this one for some time ...

DSC02161.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If all your looking for is cash security, why not go with a money clip to complement your slim card holder. I use one along with my card holder and have yet to loose a buck. Here's the one that I use: http://www.tumi.com/wallets_accessor...0041836&Ne=100 If you do decide to get one, don't get one with a magnet in it.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rambo
If you do decide to get one, don't get one with a magnet in it.

Just curious as to why not?

Spencer Young

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synrax

While the Slimmy may seem or sound gimmicky, it does its job very well. I've had one for the last few months and it does an excellent job holding around the amount of cards you seem to want to carry. I think it is solidly constructed and, while not flashy, gets the job done very well.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a halfway decent Johnston and Murphy wallet for $55 or so. They have some slim wallets with a good amount of space for cash and cards.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
Just curious as to why not?
In case you decide to hold any credit/debit cards in there, which I often do when I go out and ditch the card case, the magnet can/may desensitize the magnetic strips on the cards. I had a friend who fubared his license this way and I've heard plenty of horror stories.

Kalermaherpta

Reaction score
Depends how much cash you want to hold. I've got a MANBAND and it comfortably holds my 5-7 cards and some cash tucked in the middle. I usually carry 3-5 bills, but not more. You cannot get a wallet any slimmer than this. Front bocket, back pocket, shirt pocket...it fits. I've never had anything accidentally slip out of the band, it's snug and the silicone (not rubber) gives it a solid grip on the cards.

http://www.realmanband.com/
flatMBonGrass.JPG sideMBonGrass.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads