slim wallet?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by james48, May 1, 2007.

1. james48

james48 Well-Known Member

anybody know of a slim wallet? even with only a few cards in my wallet, between my keys, cell phone, money, work id's, etc in my pockets, im trying to eliminate anythign i can. On the weekend with jeans its fine, but in dress pants it looks and feels rediculous, has anybody tried either of these below? or know of another small wallet? I only need to carry maybe 2 cc's, a few business cards, and a licence around in it. thanks

http://www.amazon.com/Slimmy-Front-P...8021539&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/SlimSlimmy-The...8021539&sr=8-3

2. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

I think I might try one of those.

Right now I'm using the Big Skinny wallet

http://www.bigskinny.net/theskinny.html

The website is cheesy, but the wallet, once you take the logo off, does the job. The big drawback is that it is fabric. It's not bad as such fabrics go (it's sort of like the Prada techo fiber jacket I own), but it's not leather.

Given that the wallet spends most of its time in my pants, I thought trading skinniness for leather was worth the trade.

The fabric on the Big Skinny is a bit abrasive and it rubbed the signature strip off my Amex card when kept in the primary pocket. Moving my credit cards to the secondary pocket solved that problem.

My concern about the Slimmy on Amazon is that it appears that the pockets are open on two sides and it seems like things could slip out easily if you kept more than one card in a pocket. That would limit me to 1 credit card, a driver's license and cash.

3. ericmelton

ericmelton Well-Known Member

i carry a slim wallet made by fossil -nothing fancy but saves the ass.
    You might check their website.

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

5. Countertenor

Countertenor Senior member

Maybe you're only thinking leather, but I have a friend who swears by his All-Ett wallet. It fits your cards into two stacks instead of one, and it's made up of a thin, strong material used for parachutes or sails or something. It is impressively thin.

6. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

For the longest time, I carried the Coach wallet Jodum linked. Definitely not a bad option. I used one everyday for about four years and it still looks good.

However, I grew tired of the "phone, wallet, keys" pocket check everytime I walked out the door. It sounds like your pocket check is even more extensive.

So, I reduced the three-item pocket check to a two-item pocket check. Now it's "keys/wallet and phone".

I bought this Tumi key case that has a pocket on the outside for cards (I even stash a few bills in there as well). The wallet and keys have become one.

http://www.tumi.com/wallets_accesso...y_case/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=62730

I would have preferred an all leather option, but combining the wallet and keys was a feature for which I was willing to overlook the ballistic nylon.

7. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

Maybe you're only thinking leather, but I have a friend who swears by his All-Ett wallet. It fits your cards into two stacks instead of one, and it's made up of a thin, strong material used for parachutes or sails or something. It is impressively thin.

I bought an All-Ett. While it is impossibly thin, I hated this one. It's made of rip-stop nylon sailcloth - which is FUGLY and makes a crinkling noise.

Also, the All-Ett regular billfold is too big to fit completely in my pocket. However, I think their junior billfold would work.

I also don't think folks appreciate how truly thin these wallets can be. Currently my Big Skinny wallet contains 11 bills, a driver's license, and 4 credit cards. It is still skinnier than my "slim" leather wallet when completely empty, about 1/4".

8. nmoraitis

nmoraitis Senior member

http://www.coach.com/content/product...category_id=53

Theyre about $40 at an outlet

Take Jodum5's suggestion and get a credit/business card wallet only. Just don't shove to much crap in them to keep the wallet thin. Also, get a stand alone money clip, it looks better.

9. nmoraitis

nmoraitis Senior member

I forgot to add that it is best to get a leather card wallet because the leather will strech depending on the amount of cards of shove in it.

10. sm31

sm31 Senior member

Not sure this is appropriate, but thought I'd resurrect this old thread to see if anyone has any more recent recommendations?

11. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Senior member

Money clip. Slim as it gets, looks cool too.

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I think the best solution is to be a low-cash player...

13. RoyalPaJamas

RoyalPaJamas Senior member

As others said before, the All-Ett is incredibly slim. There is a leather version of it, so you can disregard the comments about the nylon.

14. The Louche

The Louche Senior member

Take Jodum5's suggestion and get a credit/business card wallet only. Just don't shove to much crap in them to keep the wallet thin. Also, get a stand alone money clip, it looks better.

Been using one of these for years. I think the one I have now is at least 6 years old, has been through the wash a few times, and is still in great shape. Coach is a good source for good quality at reasonable prices, IMO, and these card cases are a perfect example.

15. sm31

sm31 Senior member

Been using one of these for years. I think the one I have now is at least 6 years old, has been through the wash a few times, and is still in great shape. Coach is a good source for good quality at reasonable prices, IMO, and these card cases are a perfect example.
    So how about something like this, which combines a card case and money clip? I figure I need to be able to carry maybe six cards (credit, id, etc.) in total, plus a bit of cash.