• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Wallet/Credit Card Holder

dietcookie

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm looking for a real slim wallet or credit card holder type deal. I have a Tri-Fold wallet now that is just too thick, seriously numbs my butt when i'm sitting on it for too long and all of my cards are getting bent. Anyone have any suggestions on a thin cool looking wallet or credit card holder? Enough for license, couple of credit cards should suffice. Any brands to look and not look for?

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm looking for a real slim wallet or credit card holder type deal. I have a Tri-Fold wallet now that is just too thick, seriously numbs my butt when i'm sitting on it for too long and all of my cards are getting bent. Anyone have any suggestions on a thin cool looking wallet or credit card holder? Enough for license, couple of credit cards should suffice. Any brands to look and not look for?
I find the coach (which I've been using) to be pretty poor quality. But maybe that's a reflection of the fact that they're now produced overseas.

I think the Alden cordovan leather one is about the toughest and most durable one out there.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kai posted a while back that he no longer used his bulging wallet and had substituted the small flat Alden credit card instead. So I decided to follow suit and started looking for one of these about six months ago. Alden is logical (but the logo is conspicuous). Swaine Adeney and Smythson don't make these and calf versions are harder to find than you'd expect. If you like alligator, Lambertson Truex (matte finish), Bergdorf (Abas) and T Anthony have them. I bought a plain black calf Dunhill by internet from "Smart Bargains" for $50, but the item is no longer available. The link below is to a bridle hide version from Glen Royal that is available through Classic Luggage in Washington, D.C.: http://www.glenroyal.com/glenroyal/html/access.htm

benchan

Reaction score
I personally use the offermann brand.....relatively cheap but functional and durable. Not recommend if you want something flashy though.
9353.jpg
Totally agree with Horace---don't get Coach, it won't last unless you really pamper it.

rsp1

Reaction score
I picked up an Asprey one and am a huge fan. Very well made, subtle (I like the small silver piece covering a corner) and slightly larger in H/W dimensions than others.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought one a while back from brookstone. not fancy, but perfect for what I need and very cheap. the first time I ever saw one like this was in italy, and the one I looked at was about $150, so the sticker shock drove me to this. holds more, but I carry credit card, debit card drivers license and about 8 sim cards for telephones from differnt countries.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a very slim wallet by "Gary's USA" at Century 21 a while ago.  It has 3 CC slots on one side, a pocket for keeping folded bills, and then a opaque plastic slot for keeping a driver's license on the other side. I keep about 6 cards and a few bills in it and it's about 1cm in thickness. I think it was about $20. I've never been able to stand a thick wallet and this solution is perfect.

A.

cloud9eleet

Reaction score
Wallet?? Bah. Money clip is all you need, mine holds my debit card, drivers license, cash and company CC without problems. I personally hate the ass bulge and the associated 1" rise on the right (or left) you get while sitting on a wallet.

ViroBono

Reaction score
I am a fan of Mulberry leather goods, and have a trifold, a slim wallet and a credit card holder - not all used at once, of course. Not cheap, but very good quality.

PHV

Reaction score
Louis Vuitton has some very high quality ones in Taiga or black Nomade leather, you should check them out.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use a black crocodile card holder that I got a Saks. I use it daily and it still looks brand new, after 4-5 years. It does not fold open - there's just one center "envelope" that holds credit cards -- where I keep Amex, Visa and drivers license -- and side sliver-pockets on each side that I keep a couple of business cards in. I just keep cash in my pants pocket.

fareau

Reaction score
I'm generally not a big fan of Boss, but my girlfriend recently purchased a new Boss leather money clip for my birthday; she even had my initials stamped into it for a small additional charge. I quite like it and I believe she bought it online......I stopped using a wallet years ago as I found it bulky and it just encouraged me to accumulate rubbish.

dietcookie

Reaction score
I stopped using a wallet years ago as I found it bulky and it just encouraged me to accumulate rubbish.
Yeah, thats why I want something small. I have like 15 useless receipts in my wallet. I haven't seen anything on e-bay yet, unless im not looking hard enough.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I personally use the LV Taiga Leather business card case as a wallet, it is quite slim and has a pocket for folded currency, and two for credit cards and the like. Quite nice, about $200 or so, and seems very durable, I've had mine for 3 years and it looks pretty much new.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads