• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Trousers

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night I wore one of my many cashmere blazers with some flannel (gray) pants. I have recently lost weight (75 lbs over the past 2 years, nice and slow), I have several pairs of "slim" cut pants, I love what they do for my look. Who makes slimmer trousers? I am going to have to replace or have altered most of what I have (waist went from 42 to now a 34), most of my trousers now are 36, Ill take them down to a 34.. I also do not want to go too slim or trendy, just a more fitted sleek look. Any advice or direction is appreciated.
Oh, BTW, last night was the first time in 1.5 years I wore black shoes....I am still not comfortable with black....

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I will most likely stay this size. Zegna is good, incotex is good? Are they both in general a "slim" cut?

Carey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
I think I will most likely stay this size. Zegna is good, incotex is good? Are they both in general a "slim" cut?
and they are expensive. Either are $300 or better at full retail. Needless Markup sells them both. Occasionally you might find a better men's shop will have them on an end of season clearence. I bought a pair this summer for $150.00; however, they are a very fine striped fabric tropical weight wool, and are at best a business casual pair of trousers.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Oh, BTW, last night was the first time in 1.5 years I wore black shoes....I am still not comfortable with black....

rolleyes.gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Carey
and they are expensive. Either are $300 or better at full retail. Needless Markup sells them both.

Occasionally you might find a better men's shop will have them on an end of season clearence. I bought a pair this summer for $150.00; however, they are a very fine striped fabric tropical weight wool, and are at best a business casual pair of trousers.

You can regularly find the wool Incotex, and the ocassional Zegna, for less than $150 on the sales forum.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
and they are expensive. Either are $300 or better at full retail. Needless Markup sells them both.

Occasionally you might find a better men's shop will have them on an end of season clearence. I bought a pair this summer for $150.00; however, they are a very fine striped fabric tropical weight wool, and are at best a business casual pair of trousers.

There's also been a fairly steady stream of them in the sales forum of late. Much better prices there than at NM.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Borrelli
Inotex

Quality and slim.

Camiceria

Reaction score

Both Incotex and Valentini have huge collections in fabric, both cotton and wool. Uhhh... In Europe that is...

I tried many alternatives in slightly lower prices but always find they somehow just won't do; concerning fit as well as quality.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are Cucinelli pants very slim?

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Borrelli
Inotex

Quality and slim.

Both Borrelli and Incotex tend to run slim through the leg, but I find Incotex slimmer through the seat. However, I have to have the seat taken in for both.

Forum members edmorel & chorse frequently have Incotex pant available for great prices.

I too also lost a good chunk of weight and my closet is now almost completely filled with pants purchaed from Ed (edmorel) and Jamison (chorse).

I've also had good luck with Ian (www.shopthefinest.com) and Lance (www.virtualclotheshorse.com).

The good thing about buying quality pants is that they are easy to alter. They'll move up and down with you (within reason).

Rolo

Carey

Reaction score
Are you willing to wear used trousers? I would have a hard time making myself purchase a used garment. I know many of you here on this forum show things you think are wonderful and others agree, but the fact remains that the clothing is used. That skeeves me out.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are you willing to wear used trousers? I would have a hard time making myself purchase a used garment. I know many of you here on this forum show things you think are wonderful and others agree, but the fact remains that the clothing is used. That skeeves me out.

HUH?!?!?!???

The Inco's and Zegna's that are currently being sold by Jamison are brand new. The one's that I have sold are brand new.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads