Slim Trousers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by antirabbit, Oct 22, 2006.

1. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Last night I wore one of my many cashmere blazers with some flannel (gray) pants. I have recently lost weight (75 lbs over the past 2 years, nice and slow), I have several pairs of "slim" cut pants, I love what they do for my look. Who makes slimmer trousers? I am going to have to replace or have altered most of what I have (waist went from 42 to now a 34), most of my trousers now are 36, Ill take them down to a 34.. I also do not want to go too slim or trendy, just a more fitted sleek look. Any advice or direction is appreciated.
    Oh, BTW, last night was the first time in 1.5 years I wore black shoes....I am still not comfortable with black....

2. Camiceria

Camiceria Member

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Zegna is a good option, too. But if you're unsure if your weight has fully stabilized, you might stick to less expensive brands for now. Polo, for example, can often be found on sale, and I often find good deals at my nearest outlet.

4. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

I think I will most likely stay this size. Zegna is good, incotex is good? Are they both in general a "slim" cut?

5. Carey

Carey Senior member

I think I will most likely stay this size. Zegna is good, incotex is good? Are they both in general a "slim" cut?
    and they are expensive. Either are $300 or better at full retail. Needless Markup sells them both. Occasionally you might find a better men's shop will have them on an end of season clearence. I bought a pair this summer for $150.00; however, they are a very fine striped fabric tropical weight wool, and are at best a business casual pair of trousers.

6. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

Oh, BTW, last night was the first time in 1.5 years I wore black shoes....I am still not comfortable with black....

[​IMG]

7. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

and they are expensive. Either are $300 or better at full retail. Needless Markup sells them both.

Occasionally you might find a better men's shop will have them on an end of season clearence. I bought a pair this summer for $150.00; however, they are a very fine striped fabric tropical weight wool, and are at best a business casual pair of trousers.

You can regularly find the wool Incotex, and the ocassional Zegna, for less than $150 on the sales forum.

8. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

and they are expensive. Either are $300 or better at full retail. Needless Markup sells them both.

Occasionally you might find a better men's shop will have them on an end of season clearence. I bought a pair this summer for $150.00; however, they are a very fine striped fabric tropical weight wool, and are at best a business casual pair of trousers.

There's also been a fairly steady stream of them in the sales forum of late. Much better prices there than at NM.

9. Soph

Soph Senior member

Borrelli
    Inotex

Quality and slim.

10. Camiceria

Camiceria Member

Both Incotex and Valentini have huge collections in fabric, both cotton and wool. Uhhh... In Europe that is...

I tried many alternatives in slightly lower prices but always find they somehow just won't do; concerning fit as well as quality.

11. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Are Cucinelli pants very slim?

12. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

Borrelli
    Inotex

Quality and slim.

Both Borrelli and Incotex tend to run slim through the leg, but I find Incotex slimmer through the seat. However, I have to have the seat taken in for both.

Forum members edmorel & chorse frequently have Incotex pant available for great prices.

I too also lost a good chunk of weight and my closet is now almost completely filled with pants purchaed from Ed (edmorel) and Jamison (chorse).

I've also had good luck with Ian (www.shopthefinest.com) and Lance (www.virtualclotheshorse.com).

The good thing about buying quality pants is that they are easy to alter. They'll move up and down with you (within reason).

Rolo

13. Carey

Carey Senior member

Are you willing to wear used trousers? I would have a hard time making myself purchase a used garment. I know many of you here on this forum show things you think are wonderful and others agree, but the fact remains that the clothing is used. That skeeves me out.

14. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Are you willing to wear used trousers? I would have a hard time making myself purchase a used garment. I know many of you here on this forum show things you think are wonderful and others agree, but the fact remains that the clothing is used. That skeeves me out.

HUH?!?!?!???

The Inco's and Zegna's that are currently being sold by Jamison are brand new. The one's that I have sold are brand new.