1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Slim tropical wool trousers - where?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by skalogre, Aug 12, 2006.

1. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Does anyone have any recommendations on slim fitting tropical wool trousers? I need to get some in the next 10 or so days as I will need them for a wedding somewhere hot & humid. Linen would probably crease far too much. Thinking charcoal or gray. Not looking to spend a fortune though [​IMG]

2. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

The Chicago Mansion had some nice Purple Label light gray pants in 40 and some lighter blue ones in 38 for 162.

I bought a pair of the grays and love them.

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

The Chicago Mansion had some nice Purple Label light gray pants in 40 and some lighter blue ones in 38 for 162. I bought a pair of the grays and love them.
    Hmm, there is a Polo place in Phoenix... maybe I need to look in to that. Thanks! ANy other suggestions, maybe online?

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I'll second the RL recommendation and add that the blue Polo range has some nice ones as well RLPL.

5. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I doubt that at this point I will make it to Phoenix. Any other suggestions, hopefully online?

6. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Senior member

The Chicago Mansion had some nice Purple Label light gray pants in 40 and some lighter blue ones in 38 for 162.

I bought a pair of the grays and love them.

A 40 is a slim fit pant? Trousers with a 40" waist are all over the place. How about finding some in a 29 or 30?

7. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

8. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

LL Bean has some very acceptable ones, with various pleats/plain fronts.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...p&feat=4739-tn

The charcoal heather ones are really pretty dark. The grey heather is more of a mid-grey-- good with a blazer.

Are they relatively slim or will I look like an extra from an MC Hammer video with my thin legs?

9. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Dunno. I get the classic pleated model one size up because it does supply a decent amount of room in the thighs. Plain front may be a different story.

They Fedex and are notoriously flexible about returns. Worth a try. Quality is not absurdly high, but value is good.

10. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Dunno. I get the classic pleated model one size up because it does supply a decent amount of room in the thighs. Plain front may be a different story.

They Fedex and are notoriously flexible about returns. Worth a try. Quality is not absurdly high, but value is good.

Right, thanks!

11. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

12. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Borrelli and Jil Sander, for example, do great slim leg pants.