• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim shirt fit: How tight is too tight? BoO

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah, forgot about them. thanks.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I'd like to try out some MMM. What line is it as i know there are a bunch? The only thing is, i'm no where near a place i could try them on, and they don't pop up at a decent price here or supermarket. I tried a Jil shirt on over the winter break and it was ok, albeit a bit loose. It was a 38 and i think i could've done a 36, but it fit pretty nice. What's the pit to pit and size of the one you have?

You'd be a II but I feel like his shirts are getting longer making them more appropriate to tuck in. I don't know man the 4 shirts I have I love but haven't bought any mm in awhile.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Top Gun reference.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
ah, forgot about them. thanks.

I would like to recruit you to buy for me at the BB sale.

kthxbai.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
You'd be a II but I feel like his shirts are getting longer making them more appropriate to tuck in. I don't know man the 4 shirts I have I love but haven't bought any mm in awhile.

II would be a small in BoO you'd say? My BoO shirt is about a 18.75" pit to pit.

Bluebee's lowest size is 48? Would that work for me? What happens in fall? Sale?

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sean2slow
Hello I just received a BoO outsider shirt in small from south willard and had a quick question. When I tried it on, it fitted like a glove and I really liked the fit at first. The only problem with the shirt is that when I stretch my arms towards the back, since the shirt is very tight on the body, it moves along with the arm showing my undershirt inbetween the buttons. Does this mean that the shirt is one size too small? This is my first really slim shirt and was not really sure how the real slim should fit, so experts, throw me some advices. Thank you! (I hope I explained my problem well enough for people to understand
smile.gif
)

You have what is known in police/military circles as "the spreads". This looks very bad! Find a tailor in your area that caters to police and armed forces personnel. There is a high-priced chain called "Louis the Tailor" that does this and there should be others as well. They can install a long zipper that will close the front of the shirt while changing the buttons to non-functional dummies that look like normal. To the casual observer all will look like a normal shirt placket but you will be able to run and jump and flex all you like and, though your seams may split, all without those embarrassing "spreads".

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
What's the verdict on this? Ignore the AIDS cheeks, I'm just sucking on some boba.
I am confused. Is the the "before" or the "after" picture?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
II would be a small in BoO you'd say? My BoO shirt is about a 18.75" pit to pit.

Bluebee's lowest size is 48? Would that work for me? What happens in fall? Sale?

**** you might be a I then, I'll see if I can get a measurement later for your ***** ass.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orsini
I am confused. Is the the "before" or the "after" picture?

I'm confused also.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
What's the verdict on this? Ignore the AIDS cheeks, I'm just sucking on some boba.

The shirt is just too tight. Here are 2 good rules of thumb:

1) If you can't tell what a guy's physique is like through his shirt, it is too loose.
2) If you can actually see the muscles through the shirt, it is too tight.

That shirt fails under rule 2. Of course, if you are a gay bartender at a gay bar, rule 2 does not apply.

Black Cherry

Reaction score
Yeah I think Eason's shir t is JUST tight enough. Not that I wouldn't order a manly Newcastle or something from him..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads