1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Slim shirt fit: How tight is too tight? BoO

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sean2slow, Apr 3, 2008.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

how can you return that with clear conscious? it has obviously been worn even if just around your house. i can see serious arm creases on the inner elbows...

Same wear it would have had if he had tried it on in SW's dressing room.

2. jskidder

jskidder Senior member

^did you even look at his pics? i'm sorry, but you don't get arm honeycombs just from trying on a shirt. you get them from wearing a shirt for an extended period.

3. onesidekojax

onesidekojax Well-Known Member

how can you return that with clear conscious? it has obviously been worn even if just around your house. i can see serious arm creases on the inner elbows...
    i partially agree with you here. it's not the creases that concern me (which can be steamed out easily by the store), but that the thing looks as if it'd burst from the pictures. i think if the tags are still attached (if any) and that the shirt is without any sort of warping (and that there aren't any rips, stains or funny smells) you have a good chance of returning. i do wonder, though, about the extent that this shirt has been "worn" for such a small amount of time... good luck.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

^did you even look at his pics? i'm sorry, but you don't get arm honeycombs just from trying on a shirt. you get them from wearing a shirt for an extended period.

or rolling up the sleeves, or bending your elbows, or squeezing into shirts. BoO's A-body cut isn't particularly forgiving to those with any arm muscle definition.

5. titojackson

titojackson Well-Known Member

Yea, that looks a bit too snug and pulling too much for my tastes. My size small still drapes a little bit. Here's a reference
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1262/picture047uo8.jpg

That looks really good. How big is that pit-to-pit though? I saw a shirt on ebay I was going to pick up but the pit-to-pit was 17 1/2 which would be ridiculously teeny on me. That's what I wear in my shoulder-to-shoulder.

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

The size smalls are pretty small. Probably more of an 18" pit to pit rather than a 17 though. As drizzt said, they're real slim in the arms so if you work out your arms a fair amount, it might be a bit tight.

7. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Dude, are you high? How long is 'an extended period'? Unless the guy is covered in Crisco, wearing the shirt for long enough to take these photographs is not going to make it impossible to return.

8. disheveled

disheveled New Member

Too bad he deleted his pics, now his degree of wrinkledness will never be exactly known. Personally, i'm a fan of wrinkles.

9. kronik

kronik Senior member

I am also interested as to how wrinkled is too wrinkled and how tight the shirt was.

10. Eason

Eason Senior member

What's the verdict on this? Ignore the AIDS cheeks, I'm just sucking on some boba. [​IMG]

11. apocalypse later

apocalypse later Senior member

That's not fitted, it's excessively tight. A size up should do the trick.

12. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Too tight in the chest IMO, kinda muscle shirtish.

13. Eason

Eason Senior member

Next size up was 3 inches too big, so I went with the closest. Sometimes you need a shirt you can break by flexing.

14. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Next size up was 3 inches too big, so I went with the closest. Sometimes you need a shirt you can break by flexing.

I said it before, I'll say it again: bartender in a gay club. I'm convinced now. [​IMG]

15. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Bartenders in gay clubs don't wear shirts at all.

Oh, dang.

16. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Bartenders in gay clubs don't wear shirts at all.

Oh, dang.

Of course they do! How else will they get extra tips for breaking their shirts by flexing?

17. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Too tight in the chest IMO, kinda muscle shirtish.

Well, he is a personal trainer...

Jon.

18. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Senior member

I agree. Also, if we saw the way the shirt meets the pants and the cut of the pants it would probably tell us that the proportions are off (unless, of course, the jeans are equally skin-tight). Still, I'd take a tight shirt over a very loose shirt any day...

That's not fitted, it's excessively tight. A size up should do the trick.

19. jet

jet Senior member

I've never seen a muscle button up before.

20. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

well you just have
    i told my parents to give me a BoO shirt for my birthday this upcoming weekend cause they wanted to get me something and i couldn't think of anything i needed
    so we will see how it works out for me, hopefully not like these guys