1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Slim or Baggy fit

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by lcordaro, May 7, 2006.

1. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

I'm a mix. I like the baggy fit, but now companies are making the baggy fit a little too big for my skinny self. I haven't had much experience with slim fit yet, but my next pair of jean will be Levi's slim fit jeans.

2. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

Here's a good scale. I know it depends on the cut and fit but how many inches past your true inseam do you wear? For instance, if you are a 30, do you wear a 32?

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Here's a good scale. I know it depends on the cut and fit but how many inches past your true inseam do you wear? For instance, if you are a 30, do you wear a 32?

I am a true 32, and I wear a 32. My jeans usually hang at my hips, so there is some bunching nevertheless. However, some of my jeans have longer inseams (the New Standards I am right now have about a 34" inseam, and are perfect at the bottom) or are longer than marked (like my Ralphs, for example.) The only jeans which do not really bunch are my Olas and a pair of Corpus Morphy's, both of which have true inseams of about 31"

4. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

So for a true 32 pair of jeans, does that mean if you sit and put one leg (ankle) over your knee, your ankle/top of shoes are exposed?

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

So for a true 32 pair of jeans, does that mean if you sit and put one leg (ankle) over your knee, your ankle/top of shoes are exposed?

Only my Olas and Morphy's do this, so I usually wear Sk8-His or Chucks (always highcuts) or Nike Blazers with them.

6. keal

keal Senior member

I eat good on the weekends, so I dress baggy from Monday through Wednesday. The rest of the week I usually wear slim fitted shirts and pants.