• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Slim or Baggy fit

lcordaro

Reaction score
Hello Guys

What's the major preference out there? Slim Fit or Baggy fit jeans.

Thanks

Brian SD

Reaction score
Both have their place, but most of us prefer slim. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being painted-on tight and 10 being diaper-ass baggy, I'd say the ideal range for most of us is about 3-7.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
This may already be obvious to many, but I prefer baggy. I find baggy jeans more comfortable, more relaxed, more in tune with my 'denim philosophy', more likely to be respected(I've childhood trauma of being taunted for tapered pants), and less threatening to my already tottering manhood.

gza

Reaction score
Definitely baggy jeans are more "democratic" in that more people can look good in them. They also have the advantage of pairing well with both fitted and looser tops. The skinny jean-loose top combination is tricky and tends to make the wearer look like a chicken (fat body supported by skinny legs). Mainly because of that added versatility, my go-to jeans are baggy. Of course, quite a few people here wear only fitted clothes all the time, so that would explain why slim is more popular.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I'm siding with baggy. Not baggy with tapered legs, of course, but more of a stovepipe effect.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Slim...2-5 on Brian's scale. The baggiest jean I like is the Regular Ralf or a classic 501 cut

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
I like to wear skinny jeans baggy. Seriously, like sizing up on my Acnes.

I also like doing that, my acnes are 2 size up actually. I like how it falls but you gotta wear a belt.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I also like doing that, my acnes are 2 size up actually. I like how it falls but you gotta wear a belt.

I do this too (my latest 5EP straight downs and Corpus Fines are like this). Anti-fit all the way.

ejquin

Reaction score
I like the term "relaxed. That's a pretty democratic term. All my favorite jeans are what I'd call relaxed. Far from slim, but not baggy (ie RB1, Rogan Originals).

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My baggiest jeans are the nudie RR, I'm on 3-5 on the scale I guess.

!luc

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.