• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim french cuff shirts

KNuss

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I've been looking for a very slim french cuff shirt around 100 dollars.
I need one with a large taper. Im 5 10 and 145 lbs.
I've been looking for awhile but can't find one that meets my criteria.
Im trying to avoid the custom route.
I'm in new york if that helps.

Thanks.
Kevin

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KNuss
Im trying to avoid the custom route.

Why?

As always, I recommend online MTM for shirts, especially if you want shirts with an unusually large taper/drop which you're unlikely to find in OTR.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
I think the Brooks Brothers extra slim fit line has some shirts with french cuffs. The ESF is pretty slim, though if you want more taper you could always get the last inch or two taken in.

pnin22

Reaction score
If you want to try mall stuff, Calvin Klein makes a nice slim french-cuff shirt that you can get in Sears/Macy's etc.

photon1701

Reaction score
I've also been having a hard time tracking down slim fit french cuff shirts in my price range. Your best bet for the fit you want is probably going to be MTM. That being said,

I bought this in white and it was almost perfect. I think its a little wider than this years new slim offerings, but a tailor just put some darts in mine problem solved. I'm thinking about getting it in blue too. Pretty nice fabric at half price!

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...onsize=15%2032

Nordstrom just added french cuffs to their slim fit smartcare shirt line, they fit slimmer than the above BB shirt. Non-iron material, which may or may not be better for you. Their sale just ended, but the price is never too high on house brand items. No solid white or blue however.

Banana Republic also has slim fit french cuff shirts in solids, but they are $80 and I think that is a bit much to pay for a BR shirt. Probably not a bad deal when a sale is around though.

KNuss

Reaction score
I'm thinking online mtm may be the way to go.
Is Mytailor my best bet? Any coupons?
I assume itll take a few shirts to get it right.

Kevin

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RL blue or black label..........the proportions are spot-on. Slim fit shirts with huge french cuffs = fail

junior varsity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by photon1701
I've also been having a hard time tracking down slim fit french cuff shirts in my price range. Your best bet for the fit you want is probably going to be MTM. That being said, I bought this in white and it was almost perfect. I think its a little wider than this years new slim offerings, but a tailor just put some darts in mine problem solved. I'm thinking about getting it in blue too. Pretty nice fabric at half price! http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...onsize=15%2032 Nordstrom just added french cuffs to their slim fit smartcare shirt line, they fit slimmer than the above BB shirt. Non-iron material, which may or may not be better for you. Their sale just ended, but the price is never too high on house brand items. No solid white or blue however. Banana Republic also has slim fit french cuff shirts in solids, but they are $80 and I think that is a bit much to pay for a BR shirt. Probably not a bad deal when a sale is around though.
nordstroms house brand "Trim Fit" is slimmer than brooks brothers extra slim??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads