• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Slim-fitting wool v-necks!?

jjimison

Reaction score
Well, my favorite sweaters are finally biting the dust, and they're going to have to be replaced. I wore the living shit out of them, because I LOVE SWEATERS.

The trouble is, though, I kinda hate cashmere, and most small, slim-fitting v-necks I can find are made of cashmere. It's just too wimpy a wool. Every cashmere sweater I have ever owned, regardless of the cost, either sags dramatically with age and becomes dumpy-looking, or pills up beyond recognition.

The sweaters I had, the now hole-y ones, were made of a tight-knit shetland wool. They were durable, comfortable and cool looking. They were made (surprisingly) by Express, approximately eight or nine years ago. Traditionally styled, a good depth-of-v, not too light, not too heavy, just the perfect thing for wearing with a shirt and tie under an odd jacket.

Does anybody know where I can find some (not stupendously costly) sweaters to replace my dead ones? Of lambswool or shetland or some other similar wool?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 87 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 31.8%
  • 8”

Votes: 143 28.8%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 58 11.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 26 5.2%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%