• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim fitting t-shirts?

tljenkin

Reaction score
I find AA to be a little too big for me, and I was wondering if there were any dependable brands with a slightly slimmer cut. Any links that you could provide would be really helpful.

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
A is too big? Seriously, start shopping the ladies' and childrens' sections. That's the only way you're gonna go smaller. Or wash your AA stuff in hot water and use a dryer on high setting for maximum shrinkage. You must be either really skinny or looking to have the t-shirt conform completely to your body. Maybe leotards are the next logical step.

apocalypse later

Reaction score
Maybe try sizing down in AA? H&M is another option, I find their cuts to be a little shorter.

But really, if you're looking for perfect fitting shirts, check out Apolis. They have them at Context and I find they fit wonderfully, though they are $37 for a basic tee, you are paying for the nice cut and good quality.

tljenkin

Reaction score
I have very broad shoulders and a thin waist. My ideal AA shirt is an XL chest and lengh combined with a L torso. I'm also 6'6", so sizing down is not really an option.

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
AA is too big? Seriously, start shopping the ladies' and childrens' sections. That's the only way you're gonna go smaller. Or wash your AA stuff in hot water and use a dryer on high setting for maximum shrinkage. You must be either really skinny or looking to have the t-shirt conform completely to your body. Maybe leotards are the next logical step.

The guy is tall but slim, why hate?

OP, I suspect we're built pretty similarly and the best fitting T's I've gotten have come from Breakbeat Science and Rock'n. The shirts are just top notch, but I don't know how to get them without screenprinting. Anyone know what blanks those guys use?

tljenkin

Reaction score
Thank you for the understanding nyf. I am very tall and well built because of a healthy diet and lifestyle. I'm not ematiated or looking for a skin-tight fit, just something that does not have a ton of extra fabric around my abdomen, but is an XL.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Hot stuff. Gotta room for a special guy in your life?
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
edit:
frown.gif

itskub

Reaction score
A / H&M tshirts dont fit me well either, though I dont wear t's much anyway. I usually buy them randomly in stores like Daffy's , since the european shirts are cut slimmer and better. Plus Id rather try the stuff on before shopping online.

modual

Reaction score
I know where op is coming from. I am a 38" chest and 30" waist. AA's sizing is such that a medium is cut for a 38-40 chest but a 32" waist. This means they fit me great other than around the waist where they are slightly baggy. Not sure what to suggest but i think H+M maybe a better fit

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i have the same issue and i have resorted to just tailoring my shirts myself by sewing up the sides so they the shirt doesn't billow out at the bottom and is slimmer.

oakoner

Reaction score
I suggest sticking to what ever fits your upper torso the best and learn how to sew.
youll save yourself time and money.

Anamoly

Reaction score
Youre asking for a fit that is tailored toward someone who has a physique not many people have. Designers design for the average to slim dude. very broad shoulders are rarely accompanied by a 30 inch waist, especially on a grown man.

Its like saying: I have tiny narrow shoulders and a really big beer gut -- damn why cant I find T’s that fit me well...

not hatin just participatin

east hastings

Reaction score
you could try tailoring the shirts yourself? i have a friend who likes the length of bigger AA shirts but doesnt like the bagginess, so he takes them in himself. it can be as difficult or as simple as you like-- because if you want to make the seams perfect that of course takes more work than if you don't mind a curved seam. that's unfortunated, though. one of the reasons i'm glad i'm not extremely tall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads