• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

slim fitting shorts?

thefir

Reaction score
i have a problem with shorts, cause all the pairs i buy look really baggy on my small frame. same with jeans, im a size 28 and i always have to buy slim fits to work... i want to know if there are any brands of shorts that fit slimmer than average... the cheaper the better as well!

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trovota. On the pricier side, but their shorts will leave you satisfied.

moosy

Reaction score
I have some Aaron Chang boardshorts (in 28) that I find to be very slim fitting.

alflauren

Reaction score
I'm currently browsing through some womens shorts. Anything longer than 7" is too long for me, so not only do I want a slim short, it needs to be relatively short. There are some womens shorts that look an awful lot like mens shorts, particularly some of the cargo designs, so I'll probably buy a few pair to see if this is a reasonable idea.

OCpunk

Reaction score
I would find a great pair of pants you like, and have them shortened to the perfect length. Pants have far more taper and curve than shorts do.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by OCpunk
I would find a great pair of pants you like, and have them shortened to the perfect length. Pants have far more taper and curve than shorts do.

I agree, just go to a thrift store find a nice pair of pants that fit you well and cut them off. I can't remember the last time I actually bought shorts, I think cut-off pants are much more comfortable, and you have much more control over the length. If you don't like them, what are you out, $4?

horton

Reaction score
Not cheap (though deals may be found) but incotex makes shorts that are slim fitting and otherwise amazing fit.

I recently got a pair of cotton/linen from Filenes Basement (from Louis Boston)

Dill

Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can still get trovata shorts (pref. on sale)? Most of the webstores are sold out of my size, but I would call somewhere if someone has seen them on the sales racks.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.