• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim fitting chinos / pants

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
I don't think the 31 looks as bad you do. I tried on the 31 as well and they were too big for me. I'm a closer to a true 32, and those pants are for sure vanity sized. They will also stretch over time, at least a little.

So if my target is 31, you'd recommend a 30 with the JCrew urban slim?

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone needs to do a nice wrap-up of this thread

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense

Agreed.

And I am still looking for a slim fitting khakis that will not break my wallet.

Also, I just bought some GAP Authentic Fit Corduroys and at size 28, it doesn't fit that bad at all. Pretty slim through the thigh but it does have an 8" leg opening but it isn't bad at all especially with boots. If only they will make their khaki in the same fit, instead of the overly baggy original fit, then might search would be over.

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
MJK skinny chinos Rag & Bone RB23 chino April77 Costello chino Uniqlo T-000 khaki's (khaki colored denim, not actual chino) None of them made any more. Possible alternative is American Apparel slim cord (khaki colored cords). If they fit like the slim slacks, it should be golden.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
opinions on these? measurements look on point...price doesnt though http://outlier.cc/2009/11/the_outlier_khaki_og.php seems like theyd last a while
OUTLIER-Khaki-Profile.jpg
OUTLIER-Khaki-Front.jpg
OUTLIER-OG-Khaki-Roll.jpg
2rxu1xd.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was just looking at those too. The measurements look good, a bit bigger in thigh but not that bad. Too pricey for me.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
opinions on these? measurements look on point...price doesnt though

http://outlier.cc/2009/11/the_outlier_khaki_og.php

seems like theyd last a while

OUTLIER-Khaki-Profile.jpg

2rxu1xd.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45
I was just looking at those too. The measurements look good, a bit bigger in thigh but not that bad. Too pricey for me.

Sharp. But 'four-way stretch'? Lycra? I thought they looked a bit synthetic...

I.D. that bike frame and get extra credit. I call 105 kit on it, Mavic rims... ;-)

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
^^^ Those look nice. Slightly vanity sized, but that's ok. I'd be interested in feeling the material before shelling out that much.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they're pricey...but still a bit cheaper than W+H chinos

edit: I mean the outlier ones

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
^i bought a pair and they are loose as hell

+1

However their pants seem really vanity sized... I normally wear a 30 and I tried on some shorts there in a 28 and even a size down they weren't tight in the waist... Didn't see any chinos in 28. But yeah, in your normal size they fit a bit looser that Jcrew classic fit.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The outlier chinos look good, but I'm wary of stain resistant fabrics...as well as pants with 'stretch material' in them. Makes me think of dockers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads