• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim fitting chinos / pants

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are the wings and horns chinos? Worth it for 20$?

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with this seasons wings and horns chinos? How are they for 200$?

Mossy

Reaction score
I really like mine; slim fitting and with a nice taper. quality and color are v good. can't really compare though as they are my only/first pair of chinos
smile.gif

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I currently wearing Banana Republic Gavin Fit chinos for work. They are not too bad. I find the Jcrew Essentials leg opening too wide and baggy. Does anybody pants fray a lot on the bottom? Its not like my hem drags on the floor. Is this just regular wear and tear?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone own the Levis 511 trousers? It looks good and slim enough but is the twill material any good?
pLEVI1-6054925t234x394.jpg

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
I was at Martin+Osa the other day at Americana at Brand and I got a chance to try on a couple of their pants since I too have been looking for some slim fitting pants. Anyways, I tried on their vintage slim trousers and fit pretty awesomely. I loved how they tapered at the bottom since most are either a relaxed leg or straight leg.
3530_8166_245.jpg
Here's the link if any of you guys are interested. Going for about $80.

van_hammersly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Does anyone own the Levis 511 trousers?
It looks good and slim enough but is the twill material any good?
pLEVI1-6054925t234x394.jpg

I have these, the twill material is pretty bad. It feels really cheap and wrinkled a ton when i washed it. It's a nice color though, and you could probably iron out the wrinkles.

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by van_hammersly
I have these, the twill material is pretty bad. It feels really cheap and wrinkled a ton when i washed it. It's a nice color though, and you could probably iron out the wrinkles.

Same problem. The wrinkles are really unattractive. Needs an ironing after every wash.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
Yeah for that fit you don't even need to go to a high end store to get something that slim. Jcrew has everything you are looking for. I have some regulars that look about like that. And if you get their slim fit or classic you will be even better off. Plus they are always really cheap on their website.

JCrew 'Urban Slim'. Good cut. Levis had a great khaki chino last summer ina nice mid-weight slim cut with standard pockets. Looks like it might be no longer available or maybe just not offered yet this season.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which one is a better choice, J. Crew Urban Slimfit or RL Rugby's Vintage University Chino?

jcrew_brokeninchino_khk.jpg
VS.
pPOLO2-5040294_standard_v330.jpg

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
JCrew 'Urban Slim'. Good cut.

Do you own these? Can you speak to how slim the thigh is? Always my issue with getting the right balance b/w slim and unwearable.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsjustadrian
I was at Martin+Osa the other day at Americana at Brand and I got a chance to try on a couple of their pants since I too have been looking for some slim fitting pants. Anyways, I tried on their vintage slim trousers and fit pretty awesomely. I loved how they tapered at the bottom since most are either a relaxed leg or straight leg.
3530_8166_245.jpg

Here's the link if any of you guys are interested. Going for about $80.

What's the sizing like on these? I wear am a real 31" waist and these only come in even sizes. Should I go up or down?
confused.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would go a size down as chances are it will stretch a bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads