1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Slim Fitted, looks good, at a reasonable price

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TheProfessor, Oct 5, 2006.

1. TheProfessor

TheProfessor Active Member

Hi guys,

Im looking for clothes that are slim fitted, classic style at a reasonable price. I may be asking for alot but I know what I want.

I like Diesel's fit but style is more for the younger age and price is too high for me.

I like Banana Republic's style but the fit isn't that great and price is okay.

I dont mind shopping at Ebay but need some clear direction.

Any help would be appreciated since I know you guys know what you are talking about.

Thanks again.

The Professor

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Are you looking for suits/sportcoats, or shirts and trousers, or what?

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Some affordable options off the top of my head:

Suits: Corneliani, from STP
    Shirts: I have my OTR ones taken in by my tailor; rarely do I find slim-fits slim enough. Jantzen is a low-cost possibility. Brooks offers slim-fits that are relatively inexpensive, though I don't consider them all that slim. Tywrhitt too.
    Trousers: Some Polo blue label and some mall brands, such as J. Crew. Or you could eBay Zegna and Incotex, along with Ralph's black label

4. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

Before posting you should try a quick search. You'll find this thread helpful, http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=22040. It is titled "Reasonably priced slim fit work attire" and just 4 days ago so would have been the first search result using any of the words from your title.

My apologies if I come across as an ass. Welcome to the forum.

5. Matt

Matt Senior member

Somewhere near the bottom end of the market, the full canvassed Zara suits would seem to be a decent buy