1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Slim fit pants with roomy crotch area

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MetroStyles, Dec 2, 2009.

1. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

plus if the rise is too low then if you tuck yer peckker into your waistband the whole head and some shaftiage peeks out.

Lulz

2. Ajaxv2

Ajaxv2 Senior member

Just make sure you go to a female alterations tailor. A hot female alterations tailor. Otherwise you might get the Joey treatment:

CHANDLER: Yo, paisan. Can I talk to you for a sec? Your tailor is a very bad man.
    JOEY: Frankie? What're you talking about?
    ROSS: Hey, what's goin' on?
    CHANDLER: Joey's tailor...took advantage of me.
    ROSS: What?
    JOEY: No way. I've been going to the guy for 12 years.
    CHANDLER: He said he was going to do my inseam, and he ran his hand up my leg, and then, there was definite-
    ROSS: What?
    CHANDLER: Cupping.
    JOEY: That's how they do pants. First they go up one side, they move it over, they go up the other side, they move it back, and then they do the rear. What? Ross, Ross, would you tell him? Isn't that how they measure pants?
    ROSS: Yes, yes it is. In prison! Whatsa matter with you?
    JOEY: What? That's not? Oh my god.

I knew there was a reason I had seen all ten seasons: to be able to feel intelligent when a Friends quote popped up! Excellent! [​IMG]

3. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

I would have posted the vid, but bandwidth.

4. jpo

jpo Senior member

EDIT: Ugh, don't even want to think about the "process" the tailor will go through to determine the amount that needs to be taken out.

that's why you get one of the trashy women, who can do alterations [​IMG]

5. intent

intent Senior member

I sympathize with this dilemma.

6. jackdaw

jackdaw Well-Known Member

Back in the late 80s I bought a pair of OTR pants at Gieves & Hawkes. The fitter asked me on which side did I wear myself. Befuddlement on my part; somehow he got the idea across, but I can't remenber how.

7. jgold47

jgold47 Senior member

has anyone tried www.bonobos.com

I went to HS with the guy who founded the company. He played hockey and has a hockey players build (big ass and thighs) and makes pants designed for that cut. Its been getting a lot of press lately, but I dont know anyone who has ever worn them.

8. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

I went to HS with the guy who founded the company. He played hockey and has a hockey players build (big ass and thighs) and makes pants designed for that cut. Its been getting a lot of press lately, but I dont know anyone who has ever worn them.

Me and some other gaiz.

9. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Interesting that they expanded away from the boot cut, which was a dealbreaker. I'd buy it if it was on sale and I could try them on IRL, but that does not look likely on either front.

10. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

If you've looked at how trousers fit it's actually about having a big ass and some fat around the waist, they just think it's about the crotch but it all goes in the same top block.

Exactly, it's a zero sum game in the top block. I have a large ass and as a result can't rock the slim incos or the borrellis, it's moose knuckle city. My tailor got a good laugh out of it.

11. scb

scb Senior member

i don't have a big ass at all and bonobos fit me great

12. Style Pyle

Style Pyle Well-Known Member

How does everyone order from Uniqlo if not in New York or Japan. I am wanting to try some of their clothing.