Slim fit pants with roomy crotch area

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MetroStyles, Dec 2, 2009.

1. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Yeah, pardon my French, but this is a legit question.

Most slim-fit pants just leave no room for the family jewels - there tends to be a bulge which is fine if you are trying to woo trashy women, but not if you are running a client meeting (unless aforementioned clients are trashy women).

For example, Incotex is insufferable. Even sizing up to a 33 the crotch is tight. RLBL is decent, though a bit too snug. H&M - forget it, even sizing up to 33 it is a peep show. Not to mention that all of these are very uncomfortable to wear, in that area.

I did find a random pair of Paul Smith trousers a while back that fit great and were roomy in the discussed area. Same for one pair of Zara pants I found, but they change their cut every 2 months and it's been hard to find since.

Obviously bespoke works, or some Italian maker that costs > $300 per pair. Has there been anyone else with this problem that has found a maker in a reasonable price range (<$150, on sale) that solves the problem?

Sorry for the improper mental imagery but honestly this is bugging me a lot. Thanks for the help.

2. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

You need to stop fantasizing about Conne so you are not too bulgey to fit in your pants.

3. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Yeah, pardon my French, but this is a legit question.

Most slim-fit pants just leave no room for the family jewels - there tends to be a bulge which is fine if you are trying to woo trashy women, but not if you are running a client meeting (unless aforementioned clients are trashy women).

For example, Incotex is insufferable. Even sizing up to a 33 the crotch is tight. RLBL is decent, though a bit too snug. H&M - forget it, even sizing up to 33 it is a peep show. Not to mention that all of these are very uncomfortable to wear, in that area.

I did find a random pair of Paul Smith trousers a while back that fit great and were roomy in the discussed area. Same for one pair of Zara pants I found, but they change their cut every 2 months and it's been hard to find since.

Obviously bespoke works, or some Italian maker that costs > $300 per pair. Has there been anyone else with this problem that has found a maker in a reasonable price range (<$150, on sale) that solves the problem?

Sorry for the improper mental imagery but honestly this is bugging me a lot. Thanks for the help.

I've run into the same issue with most pants, however since I have a big booty from loads of squats/sprints, I have to size up to a 50 (34) or in some cases 52 (36) in Incotex and get the waist taken in. With these pants I generally have no issues with the jewels as long as I'm wearing undergarments which keep them in a tight package (boxer briefs and briefs). I do have a pair of pants from Zara which are actually cut to near perfection but alas, I haven't been able to find the style since and the poor construction is becoming evident now, a year later.

4. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

man i've had the same dilemma.
    not to be crass, but there just isn't *room* for the boys in many of the slim pants i've tried on (similar experience with H&M). It really is a shame because i want that slimmer silhouette.

5. Doc4

Doc4 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Cavalier

Cavalier Senior member

nm, I thought this was a SW&amp;D thread.

7. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

nm, I thought this was a SW&D thread.
    haha [​IMG] Was that intended as a joke?

8. Jimbo26

Jimbo26 Member

I just tried on a pair of H&amp;M herringbone pants and loved how they fit through the thighs and calves but they resulted in a truly obscene moose knuckle. And that's wearing 33s (I'm usually a 32 waist). If I size up to 34 they're comfortable in the crotch but baggy everywhere else.

It's pretty annoying, like how J.Crew's button-downs in small fit perfectly except I need like an inch more in the chest; if I go up to medium I'm wearing a tent.

9. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

This is a legitimate complaint, I too have this problem. It's a meat show often. [​IMG]

10. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Uniqlo?

11. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Yah, I have the same problem too!

12. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

I think it also had to do with the rise. I have some slim-cut trousers with higher rises (9"+) and they leave more room.

IME, the lower the rise, the more constricting the trousers. When the rises were really low I had real problems with trousers.

13. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

I only wear my Incos when I'm feeling randy. Sometimes I even sit on the subway.

14. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

I just avoid slim fits because they often coincide with low rises. I buy the regular and just get the legs tailored. No one thought of that??