Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imightbechad, Sep 6, 2007.

1. babump

babump Senior member

Hey guys I usually wear jeans but I want to order the j crew slim urban chino. I've never tried on anything from j crew before. My true waist size is 31.5 but usually buy my jeans size 30. (Levis stf, Gap)I have a Lee 101 size 29 that fits great) I wear 31 in dickies work pants. What size should I get for j crew chino? I'm thinking 31?

I sized down 1 from my normal jean/pants size for my urban slim chinos. I would try a 29 or 30. Why not try them on in stores? J. Crew is nearly everywhere.

2. Woodyear

Woodyear Senior member

Grabbed a couple pairs of gap tailored slim fit and am genuinely impressed. Nice cut and quality for the price. They were marked down and i used a 25 percent off coupon to get em at 30 bucks a pair. Great deal there.

3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Just snagged some Dockers D1 Slim fits. It might be because I have large waist/thighs but i was disappointed with the slimness below the knee--it goes pretty much straight down from the knee to the hem. I'm hoping to take them to a tailor to get them slimmed, which is annoying, but at 30 bucks on sale it's really not the worst thing in the world. I'm gonna see how they turn out and then maybe get a couple in olive.

4. pimpmystyle

pimpmystyle Senior member

Dockers slim fit works for me. They are true to size at the waist, and they stretch out just a bit after only a few hours of wear (or less).

5. juliank

juliank Senior member

super late to the game but i love the waders. i think they are perfect for shorter dudes imo. also really love the material which is something i didnt expect to.

6. steviecakes

steviecakes Senior member

what's the hem on the waders?

7. Mercuryman76

Mercuryman76 Senior member

what's the hem on the waders?

inseams are 30", width at hem is 7.5". i like these a lot. picked up four pairs at macy's recently for $22 each.

8. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

Anyone know where I can get some olive/dark green chinos? Slim fit ~7.5-7.7 hem.

I like the waders but I need a size 31 and everywhere seems to be soldout.

9. Mercuryman76

Mercuryman76 Senior member

Anyone know where I can get some olive/dark green chinos? Slim fit ~7.5-7.7 hem.

I don't know where you're located but the flagship Macy's store in downtown San Francisco had a bunch of pairs left. I believe they had the really dark green ones...almost looked black, when I bought mine two weekends ago. I'll take a look next time I'm down there to see if I can find a 31. They had them marked down to $29.99 two weekends ago. I don't know what they're at now.

10. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Well-Known Member

I've been looking for the same thing. Jcrew has this pair in "urban slim fit" for $70 that I have been thinking about trying.

11. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

12. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

I've been looking for the same thing. Jcrew has this pair in "urban slim fit" for $70 that I have been thinking about trying.

just a warning that the inseams seem to run short on their urban fit chinos.... the 32 inseam I ordered measured under 30.5 and was far too short so I ended up returning.

13. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

I don't know where you're located but the flagship Macy's store in downtown San Francisco had a bunch of pairs left. I believe they had the really dark green ones...almost looked black, when I bought mine two weekends ago. I'll take a look next time I'm down there to see if I can find a 31. They had them marked down to $29.99 two weekends ago. I don't know what they're at now.

I live in SF. I'll check them out soon, thanks!

14. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

15. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member