Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imightbechad, Sep 6, 2007.

1. otc

otc Senior member

I wanted to try on some dockers so I could order next time there was a big online discount. Wanted to try the D1 and D2.

Turns out the water tower Macys must only have fat dudes shopping there...was very hard to find anything to try on in a 34 inseam (the waist sizes were all accounted for...but there was a serious quantity of things with sizes like 36x30). Found one 34x34 D2 and thought the fit was unremarkable. Tried a 34x32 D1 and while it was wader-length, I thought the leg shape looked good but it was too tight in the waist/thighs.
    Finally found a 36x34 D1 in an ugly color and it was better in the thighs and leg length but the waist was all floppy...

The right option for me might be to get a 36x34 and take in the waist...but that seems silly on a pair of dockers that I will by on discount for like $25 (and it might end up with some diaper-butt action after the alterations).

2. scourage

scourage Senior member

I have a few pairs of D1's and it sounds like we have the exact same situation.
    I found the only spot they are really slim on me is the seat and thighs. 34 is a bit tight there, so I have 36 (most pants of mine are 33) and the fit is good in the seat and a bit big in the waist and I use a belt them and call that that.

really they are straight legs, but I can't do slim fit for work. I teach little kids so really should not show off too much. I also sit on the floor a lot so I need a little room.

They are good if you want room to be comfortable, but not something super frumpy.

also $18 for me 30 + 40% off on cyber monday. I like the colors a lot too, especially the green/olive and guarka (I think) work well for me.

They work great day to day for me, but I have enough so so pants and will be looking better places (epaulet?) next.

3. whimelyme

whimelyme New Member

Is there something wrong with me? I got a couple pairs of Waders and there so stiff. I've wore and washed them a few times and there just uncomfortable. I've air dried them, dried them inside out. What can I do?

4. bombers

bombers Senior member

Same here, i know what you mean. They've soften up a bit since i got them out of the bag though.

5. float

float Senior member

Can anybody provide actual waist and rise measurements for the Dockers SF Tapered (or waders) in size 32?

echoed

6. dub_c

dub_c Member

Anyone know where you can get chinos with some spandex stretch to them? I was digging around some of my old clothes yesterday and found a pair of Banana Republic chinos with 2% spandex. They were tight (too tight around the waist) but the stretch made it so they didn't restrict my movement.

I see that Dockers has the extra-slim line with stretch, but in the photos they look a bit too slim for my taste, and I don't know of anywhere them on. (If anyone knows of a place in the Chicago area that has them, please chime in!)

Other than that, I found something that said that Macy's Alfani house brand had some slim stretch chinos, but that was last summer, and they don't seem to be available anymore.

7. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

Anyone know where you can get chinos with some spandex stretch to them? I was digging around some of my old clothes yesterday and found a pair of Banana Republic chinos with 2% spandex. They were tight (too tight around the waist) but the stretch made it so they didn't restrict my movement.

I see that Dockers has the extra-slim line with stretch, but in the photos they look a bit too slim for my taste, and I don't know of anywhere them on. (If anyone knows of a place in the Chicago area that has them, please chime in!)

Other than that, I found something that said that Macy's Alfani house brand had some slim stretch chinos, but that was last summer, and they don't seem to be available anymore.

I picked up a pair of stretch chinos from Zara a couple of months ago and I believe they still have them on their online store. Worth a shot.

Also, Club Monaco, as I've said before, has some great slim-fitting chinos (davis fit). If you size down one from usual, you can get that extra slim silhouette. It's a bit of a struggle at first, but the material stretches so much it's ridiculous.

8. SUP UNDGRD

SUP UNDGRD Member

I just ordered a pair of waders on UO
    I ordered true to size and they are tight as hell...I can barely zip them up
    For those who have them, do they stretch?

9. bombers

bombers Senior member

I just ordered a pair of waders on UO
    I ordered true to size and they are tight as hell...I can barely zip them up
    For those who have them, do they stretch?

Nope. Should've ordered it from dockers btw. Free shipping + free easy returns.

10. vicesman

vicesman Member

Hey guys I usually wear jeans but I want to order the j crew slim urban chino. I've never tried on anything from j crew before. My true waist size is 31.5 but usually buy my jeans size 30. (Levis stf, Gap)I have a Lee 101 size 29 that fits great) I wear 31 in dickies work pants. What size should I get for j crew chino? I'm thinking 31?

11. maritimetimetime

maritimetimetime Well-Known Member

any idea if and when dockers is gonna resupply the waders?

12. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

Hey guys I usually wear jeans but I want to order the j crew slim urban chino. I've never tried on anything from j crew before. My true waist size is 31.5 but usually buy my jeans size 30. (Levis stf, Gap)I have a Lee 101 size 29 that fits great) I wear 31 in dickies work pants. What size should I get for j crew chino? I'm thinking 31?

Order 30 and 31, and return the one that doesn't fit. $6 return postage or whatever. I'd guess the 30 will fit better...jcrew has hopped on the vanity sizing bandwagon recently.

13. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

14. vicesman

vicesman Member

Thanks... I'll take your advice on that.

15. killerfrenzi

killerfrenzi Well-Known Member

anyone know what the slimmest fit for banana republic chinos are comparable to? I have a pair of waist 32 chinos I got H&M that fit me pretty nicely with the 7.5" leg openining and I wear 31x30 american eagle jeans.