Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imightbechad, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

So I've taken a liking to J Crew Urban Slims lately but I'm still swimming in the thighs and seat. Lower leg is good. Anyone have any recommendations that run slimmer? How is J.Lindeberg?

2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG] Going back to the Dockers -- DAMMIT! These are their new 'slim fit'. (Size 32-30). They don't strike me as very slim at all, certainly not what I was looking for. *Please excuse the joke shirt. It's my brother's middle school Girbaud, from the very early 90's.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Brooks Brothers clearance items are priced at 75% off regular price this president's day weekend. I picked up a few pairs of their slim fit Milano khakis. Reg $70, Clearance $18ish

Note: this is in-store only

4. sgim

sgim Member

[​IMG]

Going back to the Dockers -- DAMMIT!

These are their new 'slim fit'. (Size 32-30).

They don't strike me as very slim at all, certainly not what I was looking for.

*Please excuse the joke shirt. It's my brother's middle school Girbaud, from the very early 90's.

I agree on the Dockers Khaki's they're not really that slim, but regardless the quality is good.

5. Zackb911

Zackb911 Senior member

[​IMG]

Going back to the Dockers -- DAMMIT!

These are their new 'slim fit'. (Size 32-30).

They don't strike me as very slim at all, certainly not what I was looking for.

*Please excuse the joke shirt. It's my brother's middle school Girbaud, from the very early 90's.

You sure thats the D1 fit? I upsized 1 from 32/32 to 33/32 and they're very slim (except the lower leg). 32/32's were painted on me in the seat and thigh.

6. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

You sure thats the D1 fit? I upsized 1 from 32/32 to 33/32 and they're very slim (except the lower leg). 32/32's were painted on me in the seat and thigh.

Yeah, it's definitely the slim 'D 1' model they sell at the mall. By comparison, even with pretty small to regular thighs now, after a big weight loss, Levis 510 and 511s look indistinghishable from tights. The 514s are better, but questionable. And these look like...regular pants.

I was really hoping for a lot of taper at the bottom; about the only way to really see the shoes I've acquired due to the SF fever. [​IMG]

7. Zackb911

Zackb911 Senior member

Yeah, it's definitely the slim 'D 1' model they sell at the mall. By comparison, even with pretty small to regular thighs now, after a big weight loss, Levis 510 and 511s look indistinghishable from tights. The 514s are better, but questionable. And these look like...regular pants. I was really hoping for a lot of taper at the bottom; about the only way to really see the shoes I've acquired due to the SF fever. [​IMG]
    Mine definitely do not taper but sure are much slimmer up top. It boggles my mind how companies like Levis and Dockers do not do any slight taper pants. It's all straight, boot, or skinny with no happy medium of a slim fit with slight taper. I did pick up some Blue Chinos at my local BR outlet that are slim fitting and have a pretty strong taper to them (borderline skinny) for $8.

8. meso

meso Senior member

Yeah, it's definitely the slim 'D 1' model they sell at the mall. By comparison, even with pretty small to regular thighs now, after a big weight loss, Levis 510 and 511s look indistinghishable from tights. The 514s are better, but questionable. And these look like...regular pants.

I was really hoping for a lot of taper at the bottom; about the only way to really see the shoes I've acquired due to the SF fever. [​IMG]

Hmm, I agree with the previous poster... they don't look much like how D1s fit on me. Way loose in the seat and thigh.

9. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

Mine definitely do not taper but sure are much slimmer up top.

It boggles my mind how companies like Levis and Dockers do not do any slight taper pants. It's all straight, boot, or skinny with no happy medium of a slim fit with slight taper.

I did pick up some Blue Chinos at my local BR outlet that are slim fitting and have a pretty strong taper to them (borderline skinny) for $8.

just get it tapered for like $15 at the tailors

10. TxdoHawk

TxdoHawk Senior member

Brooks Brothers clearance items are priced at 75% off regular price this president's day weekend. I picked up a few pairs of their slim fit Milano khakis. Reg $70, Clearance $18ish Note: this is in-store only
    Thanks for the heads-up. I checked my closest store open on a Sunday (damn blue laws) though, and they were completely out of these. Lady there told me she had helped someone else check other stores for stock and couldn't find any...suggested I check the nearby BB Outlet, but I called and they told me they didn't have any either. I don't know if somebody cleared out the whole area to post them on Ebay, or what. [​IMG] I wound up settling for online deals, despite the prices being slightly worse. Can't figure out what the difference is between the "Milano Plain-Front Vintage Chinos" and the "Slim Fit Five-Pocket Vintage Chinos"...I hope very little, because the new full-price spring variants of the former fit perfect in-store, but online they only had my size in the latter. Guess I will find out when they drop in.

11. FrankNine

FrankNine Active Member

Where can I find a reasonably priced pair of slim fit khaki's/chino's, versatile enough to dress up or down?

I'm looking for good quality, but most of all good fit. Would it be smarter to just buy something simple and get it tailored?

I'm thinking something along the lines of this fit:

[​IMG]

I would get these, but polo definitely photoshops their pictures as the fit is never anywhere near the pics.

Thanks!

Chad

Not sure where abouts your located but if you have access then I would say TopMan will defo sort you out with some nice slim and/or skinny fit chinos at a reasonable price.

12. stevenandy

stevenandy New Member

I got a nice pair of vintage slim fit kahkis from gapcanada.ca for 20$!!!

13. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Dockers makes a pant even slimmer than those, but I haven't seen them in stores yet:

[​IMG]

I think they just call them "extra slim" on their site.

14. pimpmystyle

pimpmystyle Senior member

Spoiler alert: Levi's slim fit dockers are slimmer fitting than regular dockers.

15. Clyde

Clyde Senior member

I got a nice pair of vintage slim fit kahkis from gapcanada.ca for 20$!!!

Which ones did you get?