Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imightbechad, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Meis

Meis Senior member

The pants look good mikey, but you look so top heavy.

+1
    I don't think the overshirt works well for you.

2. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

not new, they've been on the site for months now.

thanks for your valuable input

3. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Thanks for the input guys. I really don't want to turn this into the help mikey thread, but I guess a little is acceptable.

I really like the overshirt, but it definitely has a tendency to not look so hot in fit pics. I think it may be because it is unbuttoned, but maybe even buttoned it is that unflattering. Anyway, what kind of outerwear would you recommend for me for next f/w? Unless I go with technical fabric (which isn't really my casual swag anyway), I feel like anything that is warm enough will look top heavy on my tiny frame.

4. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

When it's cold out, what's wrong with being a bit top heavy? I think the fit looks pretty good for early February.

5. strongisland

strongisland Well-Known Member

Searching for slim fitting khakis, I tried on maple slim straight dockers today in 34 and they were huge. Tried on 32 and they would be a little too tight to sit down in but the leg area was perfect. I wear 31 apc ns's for comparison. What size would I want to get and in what brand of khakis for a similar but maybe even slightly tighter from the knee down fit. I also have a pair of 32 RRL corduroys/khaki mix.

Looking to spend around 100ish tops for something that won't fall apart after a few washes.

6. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Tried on the cropped +J pants at uniqlo a few days ago. If your a short guy (5'5" or so) they might work well for you.

Also, the club monaco slim khakis are actually really nice. perfect fit in the waist/seat and they taper to a slim leg opening. Probably my favorite pair of khakis. They're only 60 bucks, and with a student discount, they can be had for less.

Thanks for the input guys. I really don't want to turn this into the help mikey thread, but I guess a little is acceptable.

I really like the overshirt, but it definitely has a tendency to not look so hot in fit pics. I think it may be because it is unbuttoned, but maybe even buttoned it is that unflattering. Anyway, what kind of outerwear would you recommend for me for next f/w? Unless I go with technical fabric (which isn't really my casual swag anyway), I feel like anything that is warm enough will look top heavy on my tiny frame.

Not really sure what I can suggest specifically, but I def don't agree that winter = top heavy. There are a number of posters here who live in cold climates and don't look ballooned out on top in their outerwear. It might be that the overshirt is a little big for you?

7. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

do you guys think khaki colored pants work well with someone with brown skin? Filipino...trying to decide if I should add a pair of khaki colored stanton pants int my shopping cart on Jcrew

8. pimpmystyle

pimpmystyle Senior member

Try 'em on and look in the mirror. Works for me every time.

9. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Not really sure what I can suggest specifically, but I def don't agree that winter = top heavy. There are a number of posters here who live in cold climates and don't look ballooned out on top in their outerwear. It might be that the overshirt is a little big for you?

yeah I have a feeling that may be it. But I think an xs may be too small. I'm like right in between sizes.

10. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

Are there any good chinos to get from Gap? I've heard the tapered (tailored?) slim is supposed to be pretty good...

11. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

Are there any good chinos to get from Gap? I've heard the tapered (tailored?) slim is supposed to be pretty good...

I'd recommend the tailored straight fit. It's a slim fitting straight-leg, they're pretty awesome and good quality for the price. Haven't tried the slim fit as the straight fit is pretty slim as is.

12. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I'd stay away from Gap for a true slim. I get some hip flare and the quality of it is bleeeh. It's paper thin and doesn't fall properly past the knee.

13. pimpmystyle

pimpmystyle Senior member

I don't even see why Gap is a consideration these days.

I keep telling this to people even though no one listens, but I'll say it anyway: there is NO DIFFERENCE in quality whatsoever between BR, Gap and Old Navy items, yet ON often charges a tenth of what BR charges. If you are willing to spend even a few minutes browsing in a store or on the web, BR and especially the Gap (the worst of the three) are not good values at all.

I'd stay away from Gap for a true slim. I get some hip flare and the quality of it is bleeeh. It's paper thin and doesn't fall properly past the knee.

14. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Can anybody provide actual waist and rise measurements for the Dockers SF Tapered (or waders) in size 32?

15. C-Note

C-Note Senior member

I like how Dockers' SF Tapered pants used to retail for $65 until recently. Now they're on sale for $75 lol