Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imightbechad, Sep 6, 2007.

1. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

Anyone have any experience with these RL Suffiled Slim-Fit Chinos? [​IMG] http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family Too formal for every day wear with a hoodie or tee?
    I actually just received an order of these. The waist is pretty TTS, the inseam is a little longer than advertised. Also, they're not as slim as I was expecting. Over the last 10 months I've come to prefer a slimmer fit to my pants, and I expected a pant called the "Slim-Fit Chino" to fit rather slim. I'd say it fits more like a typical pant (quite like the J Crew essential chino in regular fit, if you have a pair of those). I'm still not sure whether I'm going to return them. I might hang onto them because it's really a fantastic fabric, so it might be worth it to take them to a tailor and trim them up. To answer your question: they would probably work just fine. Like most chinos, they can be dressed up and down.

2. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

just ordered these from dockers.com w/ the 20% off deal that just ended Stretch Sateen Khaki in British Khaki [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] will post fit pics when i get em

3. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I purchased these dockers for $50 bucks:

http://us.dockers.com/product/index....entPage=family

The "Khaki Wader" in slim fit. They're snug and look great. I get compliments on the fit all the time. Size is 28x30. The dark khaki is perfect.

Note a couple things:

-- They fit more like a 27x30. I know my measurements well. These things are pretty tight. So size up 1" in my opinion if you plan to tuck in a shirt.
    -- It has two waist buttons. The interior button already ripped off (maybe 2-3 wears). Granted I treated these like $50 chinos, but I wasn't exactly beating the crap out of the waist or thrashing around to get them off. The button just broke off. Still wearable though.

Good: Nice looking pants. Nice, dark khaki color. GREAT FIT. To the untrained eye, from a bit of distance, these look just as nice as any $180+ chino on the market. They almost became my go-to before the button break.

Bad: Cheap looking stitching on the seams. Cheap plastic buttons. Ideal zippers (I hate ideal zippers).

I want to try the Steven Alan x Dockers now. Inseams are my problem though as I don't want them to be hemmed.

4. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

I actually just received an order of these. The waist is pretty TTS, the inseam is a little longer than advertised. Also, they're not as slim as I was expecting. Over the last 10 months I've come to prefer a slimmer fit to my pants, and I expected a pant called the "Slim-Fit Chino" to fit rather slim. I'd say it fits more like a typical pant (quite like the J Crew essential chino in regular fit, if you have a pair of those). I'm still not sure whether I'm going to return them. I might hang onto them because it's really a fantastic fabric, so it might be worth it to take them to a tailor and trim them up. To answer your question: they would probably work just fine. Like most chinos, they can be dressed up and down.
    Just wanted to provide everyone an update. I decided to return these pants. Ultimately what did it is the "Old man /GQ/Esquire" thread over on MC. It felt like the RL chinos were just too loose and high-waisted. I ordered the Rugby Vintage University Chinos to replace them, and I find them far superior. The fabric isn't as nice, but it's thick nonetheless. I give it +5 points for the fit alone, though.

5. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

Anyone know of a place that has the Wings+Horns chinos in khaki, size 28 or 29? Haven't had any luck so far.

Gravitypope has the West Point twill, which is pretty much a chino, for 195 CAD.

6. bombers

bombers Senior member

Hey Snuff, do you know the difference between the Signature line and the soft wash line? Seems like the signature is more dressy?

7. snuff_daddy

ya i would say so

soft khakis: broken in

signature khakis: not broken in

8. dijon

dijon Well-Known Member

Question for the Docker slim owners..

are all the slim fit pants the same in waist and seat?

Wader
    Slim Signature
    Slim Soft Khaki
    Slim Tapered

or do you have to size up for some because they are skinnier?

9. bombers

bombers Senior member

Well, from the description the wader and slim tapered have a smaller leg opening.

10. snuff_daddy

30% off dockers when u like them on FB [​IMG] didnt try it out yet
    wtf are game day dockers

11. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Question for the Docker slim owners..

are all the slim fit pants the same in waist and seat?

Wader
    Slim Signature
    Slim Soft Khaki
    Slim Tapered

or do you have to size up for some because they are skinnier?

The waders are an awesome fit, but they are SLIM!! If you're a skinny dude, go for it. But if you have to shimmy some big calves or thighs then you might want to consider a different fit. I broke one of the buttons on mine, but other than that, one of the best fitting pair of khakis i've owned..

12. bombers

bombers Senior member

Docker's has buy one get one 50% off and Free shipping + returns with any amount of purchase.

Most of the slim fit are already discounted at $33-$35.

13. snuff_daddy

just received the Stretch Sateen Khaki in British Khakis from dockers i like the fit, material is eh its like a brushed cotton that picks up dust and lint easy measurements of a tagged 32: waist 17" thigh 12" knee 8.25" hem 7.25" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] im 5'8" @ 160lbs if i keep em i'll hem but im not sure if i will keep em

14. Funksy

Funksy Senior member

Docker's has buy one get one 50% off and Free shipping + returns with any amount of purchase.

Most of the slim fit are already discounted at $33-$35.

THANKS for the heads up.

15. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

just received the Stretch Sateen Khaki in British Khakis from dockers i like the fit, material is eh its like a brushed cotton that picks up dust and lint easy measurements of a tagged 32: waist 17" thigh 12" knee 8.25" hem 7.25" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] im 5'8" @ 160lbs if i keep em i'll hem but im not sure if i will keep em
    those look great daddy. that sucks the material is shit...