• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoahRose
Anyone have any experience with these RL Suffiled Slim-Fit Chinos?
pPOLO2-8004204_standard_v330.jpg
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family Too formal for every day wear with a hoodie or tee?

I actually just received an order of these. The waist is pretty TTS, the inseam is a little longer than advertised. Also, they're not as slim as I was expecting. Over the last 10 months I've come to prefer a slimmer fit to my pants, and I expected a pant called the "Slim-Fit Chino" to fit rather slim. I'd say it fits more like a typical pant (quite like the J Crew essential chino in regular fit, if you have a pair of those). I'm still not sure whether I'm going to return them. I might hang onto them because it's really a fantastic fabric, so it might be worth it to take them to a tailor and trim them up. To answer your question: they would probably work just fine. Like most chinos, they can be dressed up and down.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just ordered these from dockers.com w/ the 20% off deal that just ended Stretch Sateen Khaki in British Khaki
pDOCK1-7887113v291a.jpg
pDOCK1-7887113_back_v280a.jpg
pDOCK1-7887113_side_v291a.jpg
will post fit pics when i get em

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased these dockers for $50 bucks:

http://us.dockers.com/product/index....entPage=family

The "Khaki Wader" in slim fit. They're snug and look great. I get compliments on the fit all the time. Size is 28x30. The dark khaki is perfect.

Note a couple things:

-- They fit more like a 27x30. I know my measurements well. These things are pretty tight. So size up 1" in my opinion if you plan to tuck in a shirt.
-- It has two waist buttons. The interior button already ripped off (maybe 2-3 wears). Granted I treated these like $50 chinos, but I wasn't exactly beating the crap out of the waist or thrashing around to get them off. The button just broke off. Still wearable though.

Good: Nice looking pants. Nice, dark khaki color. GREAT FIT. To the untrained eye, from a bit of distance, these look just as nice as any $180+ chino on the market. They almost became my go-to before the button break.

Bad: Cheap looking stitching on the seams. Cheap plastic buttons. Ideal zippers (I hate ideal zippers).

I want to try the Steven Alan x Dockers now. Inseams are my problem though as I don't want them to be hemmed.

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobscrk777
I actually just received an order of these. The waist is pretty TTS, the inseam is a little longer than advertised. Also, they're not as slim as I was expecting. Over the last 10 months I've come to prefer a slimmer fit to my pants, and I expected a pant called the "Slim-Fit Chino" to fit rather slim. I'd say it fits more like a typical pant (quite like the J Crew essential chino in regular fit, if you have a pair of those). I'm still not sure whether I'm going to return them. I might hang onto them because it's really a fantastic fabric, so it might be worth it to take them to a tailor and trim them up. To answer your question: they would probably work just fine. Like most chinos, they can be dressed up and down.
Just wanted to provide everyone an update. I decided to return these pants. Ultimately what did it is the "Old man /GQ/Esquire" thread over on MC. It felt like the RL chinos were just too loose and high-waisted. I ordered the Rugby Vintage University Chinos to replace them, and I find them far superior. The fabric isn't as nice, but it's thick nonetheless. I give it +5 points for the fit alone, though.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by werdswerf
Anyone know of a place that has the Wings+Horns chinos in khaki, size 28 or 29? Haven't had any luck so far.

Gravitypope has the West Point twill, which is pretty much a chino, for 195 CAD.

bombers

Reaction score
Hey Snuff, do you know the difference between the Signature line and the soft wash line? Seems like the signature is more dressy?

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ya i would say so

soft khakis: broken in

signature khakis: not broken in

dijon

Reaction score
Question for the Docker slim owners..

are all the slim fit pants the same in waist and seat?

Wader
Slim Signature
Slim Soft Khaki
Slim Tapered

or do you have to size up for some because they are skinnier?

bombers

Reaction score
Well, from the description the wader and slim tapered have a smaller leg opening.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
30% off dockers when u like them on FB
capture1022201012232pm.jpg
didnt try it out yet
30% off all Dockers Game Day Khakis Receive 30% off all Game Day Khakis from Dockers.com when you become a Fan and click through our Facebook.com/Dockers Tailgate Tour "shop" link. Once you've added select merchandise to your cart the 30% off discount will be applied to your order. Offer is valid from Tuesday, October 5, 12 AM PT and ends on Saturday, December 11th, 11:59 PM PT.
wtf are game day dockers

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dijon
Question for the Docker slim owners..

are all the slim fit pants the same in waist and seat?

Wader
Slim Signature
Slim Soft Khaki
Slim Tapered

or do you have to size up for some because they are skinnier?

The waders are an awesome fit, but they are SLIM!! If you're a skinny dude, go for it. But if you have to shimmy some big calves or thighs then you might want to consider a different fit. I broke one of the buttons on mine, but other than that, one of the best fitting pair of khakis i've owned..

bombers

Reaction score
Docker's has buy one get one 50% off and Free shipping + returns with any amount of purchase.

Most of the slim fit are already discounted at $33-$35.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just received the Stretch Sateen Khaki in British Khakis from dockers i like the fit, material is eh its like a brushed cotton that picks up dust and lint easy measurements of a tagged 32: waist 17" thigh 12" knee 8.25" hem 7.25"
capture1025201055233pm.jpg
capture1025201055251pm.jpg
capture1025201055300pm.jpg
capture1025201055305pm.jpg
im 5'8" @ 160lbs if i keep em i'll hem but im not sure if i will keep em

Funksy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bombers
Docker's has buy one get one 50% off and Free shipping + returns with any amount of purchase.

Most of the slim fit are already discounted at $33-$35.

THANKS for the heads up.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
just received the Stretch Sateen Khaki in British Khakis from dockers i like the fit, material is eh its like a brushed cotton that picks up dust and lint easy measurements of a tagged 32: waist 17" thigh 12" knee 8.25" hem 7.25"
capture1025201055233pm.jpg
capture1025201055251pm.jpg
capture1025201055300pm.jpg
capture1025201055305pm.jpg
im 5'8" @ 160lbs if i keep em i'll hem but im not sure if i will keep em

those look great daddy. that sucks the material is ****...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads