• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

duration

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt
Here's one guys: I'm looking for a pair of slim-fitting (think J Crew Urban Slim fit) chinos with a low/short rise. Literally all of the chinos that I have seen have high rise and fit awkwardly on me. If it helps, I am only 5'3", built slim. Anyone have any ideas?

Plenty of great ideas in this thread. I am still waiting for W+H to restock in my size. Other than that, I am looking at Our Legacy and Thom Browne, although that's really s**t hard to find here.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Toddland.

bapelolol

Reaction score
how slim are the brooks brothers milano slim fits in size 30? does anyone have the hem size? Also, should I size up/size down?

Vaitek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bapelolol
how slim are the brooks brothers milano slim fits in size 30? does anyone have the hem size? Also, should I size up/size down?
I'm a 31/32, but went 32 in these. I guess they felt tighter, maybe the low rise. The leg opening is 7.5" on them. To compare the JCrew essential chino in urban slim fit, I went 31 and feel these fit a little baggier than the Milano. Not sure if your BB stocks these (mine doesn't). I'd order a couple in different sizes and return the ones that don't fit or all of them if you don't like them.

Vaitek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
I tried these on last weekend and loved the fit. The only thing that makes me nervous is the repeating chorus of reviewers complaining about the quality of cloth. Any thoughts on that? - Keith
I don't have any issues with the quality of the fabric. I always wash my clothes on the gentle with cold water and hang dry and it's held up fine for me. I've not needed to iron them. I've even ordered another pair in the dark taupe to add to my navy and khaki colors. Where did you go that had them in the store? The DC area has not had the milano or extra slim fit shirts in stock. I've had to order mine all online.
confused.gif
EDIT: Nevermind, I see your from Bah-stin.
smile.gif

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vaitek
EDIT: Nevermind, I see your from Bah-stin.
smile.gif

Ah-yup! They had 'em in Chestnut Hill. Unfortunately, their stock was somewhat limited, so I had to try on 30L instead of 32L. I assume the taper difference between 30L and 32L wouldn't be that great for a 32W or 33W.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm poised to order two pairs of the Milanos.

I'm guessing these aren't likely to go on sale or qualify for anything more than the $10 registration coupon anytime soon?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
I'm poised to order two pairs of the Milanos. I'm guessing these aren't likely to go on sale or qualify for anything more than the $10 registration coupon anytime soon?
Well, they've got the two-fer deal right now that saves you $20. Other than that, isn't there a Father's Day sale coming up?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, how many folks here have checked out the Epaulet Rivet Chinos? I'm very tempted to pick up a pair of the British khaki chinos, but they come in at the price of two pairs of BB chinos. Still, I imagine the quality is top-notch.

- Keith

jay3429

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
ya i'll try that

I know it was a bit long ago, but did you have any luck with this?

nerazzurrri

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clover216
So is it safe to say the best <$100 pair of slim chinos are J.Crew's slim-fit? What about their officer chinos? As far as their webshop's pictures go, I sort of like the look of the officer chino more than the slimfit.

Why do you guys like j.crew? All their stuff is hideous.
confused.gif

jay3429

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerazzurrri
Why do you guys like j.crew? All their stuff is hideous.
confused.gif

Pray tell, how should we dress oh master of fashion? Seriously though? Bugger off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads