• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

imightbechad

Reaction score
Where can I find a reasonably priced pair of slim fit khaki's/chino's, versatile enough to dress up or down?

I'm looking for good quality, but most of all good fit. Would it be smarter to just buy something simple and get it tailored?

I'm thinking something along the lines of this fit:

1336895742_f9e9e3252d.jpg

I would get these, but polo definitely photoshops their pictures as the fit is never anywhere near the pics.

Thanks!

Chad

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yoox
N.M.
Saks
Look for Incotex, Marbitex, Barba, RLPL, Borrelli, etc. Any thing made by these brands are slim, some are very slim.
www. virtualclotheshorse.com has many of these brands, he is also a forumite.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IME, JCrew makes reasonably priced slim-fit khakis. RL's slim-fit still fits like a trash bag, which is relatively slimmer than their regular fit, which fits like a tent.

a-rock

Reaction score
slimming a pair of quality khakis shouldnt cost more than $15-20 (assuming its just a tapering of the legs and the seat fits fine)

TheDroog

Reaction score
Good thread, I've been looking for some good slim fit khakis myself.

The slimmest khakis I currently own came from Banana Republic 2 years ago. It wasn't their standard khakis, this one was made of a very thin cotton with subtle wales even though it wasn't corduroy. Looks great when you're standing, but actually kinda tight when you sit. Anyway, they were on sale and I love'em.

But you never know with BR. I tried one on their "slim fit" pants just last month and they were hella loose.

In my experience it's extremely difficult to find slim fit khakis. Hopefully designers will wisen up and start paying attention to slim fit pants the same way they're now paying attention to slim fit shirts.

itskub

Reaction score
if you live near a daffy's, (both in nyc), check out khakis by patrizia pepe for around $50 (i also recomend this brand for you skinny guys looking for button ups). the khakis are pretty thick and heavy. theyre not as skinny in the legs, but the seat and thighs are fitted, and mid/low rise. similiar to a pair of jeans.
(i kinda regret not buying the one pair that was a size too big for me-incase daffy's never gets another shipment and ill never see the khakis again
frown.gif
)

edit: actually. im gonna go get them now.
biggrin.gif

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a good slim fit pair that I got from APC about a year ago

bsyde82

Reaction score
i've been searchin for slim chinos for the longest time as well...and for a skinnier guy such as myself, its hard...even the j.crew "slim" chinos are too baggy, IMO, for me

i finally found a pair made by steven alan at blackbird in seattle...perfect slimness, lower-mid rise, button fly, awesome color and construction...at $178, obviously a lot more than what im used to paying for chinos, but then again, i've never tried on a pair of chinos i like until now

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Save Khaki make a really slim fitting khaki, in a range of colors other than tan. They're on Lafayette and Houston in Manhattan. $100+

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Modern Amusement chinos. They have them in many colors, are reasonably priced and fit excellent. I have them in gray, navy and khaki and they are dope.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
i've been searchin for slim chinos for the longest time as well...and for a skinnier guy such as myself, its hard...even the j.crew "slim" chinos are too baggy, IMO, for me

i finally found a pair made by steven alan at blackbird in seattle...perfect slimness, lower-mid rise, button fly, awesome color and construction...at $178, obviously a lot more than what im used to paying for chinos, but then again, i've never tried on a pair of chinos i like until now

i tried on the jcrew ones after like 5 or 6 years of only seeing them in the catalog. they fit like ****. not at all slim.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
remember most chinos and khakis are constructed so as to be altered at the waist.
try on a size smaller than usual. if it fits well in the seat and legs, then have the waist let out. this will not effect the fit in the seat. and its the cheapest trouser alteration except for cuffs.

falsestart

Reaction score
If you have access to Uniqlo they sometimes have some pretty decent slim fits at very reasonable prices

hchamp

Reaction score
You need to try them on to see if they fit, so a lot of these suggestions won't help unless you live in the area. Your best bet is to find the trendiest shop in your neighborhood, one that sells designer clothes. If they don't have it, no-one will. If that doesn't do it, then you should take the tailor's suggestion and buy the slimmest fitting chinos you can find and have them altered.

mikej77

Reaction score
+1 on Save Khaki, great fit and I really like the quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads