• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

slim fit and thin v-neck knit sweater/vest

junior varsity

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i saw some random threads here and there, but i guess i dont have much of a specific price range im looking at. but obviously not $1300/each like Hermes one because thats clearly not efficient way to use money.

preferably merino (price).

i saw on GQ (september's copy) where fernando verdasco was wearing one from Etro with Prada shirt and suit. But Etro is kind of expensive...

Any better suggestions? The brooks brothers one is not slim...
There are Lacoste ones from Lord & Taylor that I was going to get - they are $75 but there is a 25% off coupon for em.

Are there any better choices than the ones from Lacoste?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought two thin wool sweaters from H&M & L.O.G.G. collaboration and I'm very happy. I went with an S size, although I usually wear M (size 38 suit). They are slim and have high armholes. At $30 a piece it's a great deal.

junior varsity

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
never bought from h&m before...
whats their quality?
for the price range, i'd assume poor...

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheap - H&M or Zara - not great quality, but I have had 100% merino jumpers from both that have lasted fine.

Also I don't think H&M L.OG.G. is a collaboration, isn't it just a cheaper H&M lable?

Bit more- John Smedley (can be found cheaper on ebay)

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ysc
Cheap - H&M or Zara - not great quality, but I have had 100% merino jumpers from both that have lasted fine.

Also I don't think H&M L.OG.G. is a collaboration, isn't it just a cheaper H&M lable?

Bit more- John Smedley (can be found cheaper on ebay)

Not sure about LOGG. I just guessed. In any case, the sweaters are obviously low quality, but no one will notice, because they fit so nice. I'm sure they will last at least one winter.

junior varsity

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can the merino stuff be tailored?
so say i get some from brooks brothers and have it taken in?

nringo

Reaction score
I've been pretty happy with both the fit and quality of Bloomingdale's house brand.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a LOGG v-neck sweater from H&M for 30 bucks. Fits great, nice and slim, like most other H&M clothes. Can't speak on how long it will last, but like already mentioned, it looks great and fits me perfectly, so if it only lasts one winter then it will have done its job. I don't wear sweaters often so I'm guessing it will probably last me a little longer than that. But either way, you can't beat the price.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.