1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Slightly wide necked t-shirts

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Ztalin, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Ztalin

Ztalin Member

Hey guys. I got some wider necked t-shirts from Zara recently. I really prefer them to the ordinary crew necks that are tight around the neck. They are the "deluxe cotton" edition shirts shown here:

http://static.zara.net/photos//2016.../0722405506_2_2_1.jpg?timestamp=1450181074789

http://static.zara.net/photos///201.../w/1920/0722400800_1_1_1.jpg?ts=1450181051640

In person they are a bit wider necked than that. Nothing crazy, but wide enough to show the traps and some chest.

Problem is that, like most Zara clothes in my experience, they do not last longer than 6 months. I have to get all of my shirts hemmed and, if I'm going to invest in them, I want them to last at least a couple years. Armani Exchange actually has very nice quality t-shirts, but they are tight on the neck.

Can you recommend any brands that carry something similar that is more durable?

Thanks.

2. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Check out Merz B. Schwann. Here is one shop that carries them http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/makers/makersinfo/view/id/149/. Union Made has a good selection too http://unionmadegoods.com/brands/merz-b-schwanen/

4. Ztalin

Ztalin Member

Thanks for the advice. But any cheaper options guys?

I wouldn't spend more than $30 on a t-shirt. $40 maybe if it was excellent quality, perfect fit, etc.

I have only a few posts in 8 years. I'm nowhere near as hardcore as you guys :) :slayer:

5. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Not sure...maybe Uniqlo carries some. If not, Unionmade has good sales every now and then so keep a lookout.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I personally swear by alternative apparel tees. Might be worth looking there.

7. flashkobalt

flashkobalt Senior member

8. Ztalin

Ztalin Member

Those both look really good guys. Thanks a lot.

9. Ztalin

Ztalin Member

I guess Alternative Apparel doesn't ship internationally. I'm from Canada. Bummer. They have some nice stuff and, besides button downs, I pretty much just wear blank t-shirts.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

11. Ztalin

Ztalin Member

That's awesome. Thanks.

For anyone else, it looks like Uniqlo doesn't ship to Canada either.

12. Ztalin

Ztalin Member