Sleeveless zip hoodies

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bluemax, May 12, 2009.

1. bluemax

bluemax Senior member

Does anyone here wear these? How do you pull off this look? What are you supposed to wear underneath these? Just a T-shirt?

I'm really curious about this article of clothing. I think it could look awesome, but I don't think I have enough steez to pull it off.

2. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I saw a DRKSHDW one I liked, but it takes a lot of fucking swagger to pull off. I'd say youre better off avoiding.

You basically have to be rail thin or ripped enough to kick the asses of the people who will inevitably make fun of you.

3. Psyren

Psyren Senior member

I had a black one from H&M, I'd just wear a t-shirt under it.

4. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

It's an easy streetwear thing. Do it with a t-shirt or tank top. Not too tough to pull off, helps to have some confidence.

5. Nexus6

Nexus6 Senior member

Hey speaking of hoodies...look at these ridiculous creations.. I don't know who is worse..the moron that created these, or the morons wearing them. [​IMG] [​IMG] more here: http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en...gbv=2&aq=f&oq= We are definitely living in the last days with all the 'death worship'. This is evil. Young people wearing shit like this, and having no clue as to what they are meddling with. Its sad.

6. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Seems pretty lame/try-to-hard to me. It's like having a sleeveless coat. But whatever...

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

I have a really nice assym zip CCP hoodie (taped seams, crinkled fabric) that I pair with a white yohji shirt, some CCP pants (drop crotch) and my reverse calf diems.

8. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

[​IMG] Ok my buddy has the Dead Serious and rocks it with more swagger then any dude I've ever seen posting on a fashion forum. So what if it's basically a silly halloween costume. 200 years from now who do you think will be up on a museum wall, your boring cracker-ass OCBD wearin self or the flyest fuckin skeleton to ever hop out of South Central Graveyard?

9. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

^^^ Fuckin Sig'd

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

11. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

confidence and swagger required

wearing non-functional clothing isn't something i can pull off (like wearing a scarf with a tshirt). as a matter of fact i call it to whomever i might be with at the time, like it'll be 90 degrees outside and i blab 'unneccessary scarf being sported by the queen to your left' (yes homo)

12. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

13. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

I have a really nice assym zip CCP hoodie (taped seams, crinkled fabric) that I pair with a white yohji shirt, some CCP pants (drop crotch) and my reverse calf diems.

i laughed

14. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

I'm laughing at the prerequisites people place on wearing clothing. You don't need confidence to start wearing something and odds are you won't feel comfortable wearing it the first few times as its not something you are accustom to, clothes need breaking in too. It's not about how confident you are now in your second skin, it's about whether you have the potential to be confident in the future wearing this stuff. Confidence may seem like something thats inherit and not dispositioned by clothing, but for the majority of the population what we wear has implications on our confidence. Reason for this is because people will always react and judge you to some degree on what you wear, how much you care and how this affects you is the difference between being insecure and being confident.

15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I'm not a fan of them.